Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Si Spurrier Headlines A New Creator Owned Imprint From Titan Comics

Administrator

Default Si Spurrier Headlines A New Creator Owned Imprint From Titan Comics

[FONT=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Bitstream Charter', Times, serif]Titan Comics are launching a new creator owned imprint in July, with a bunch of British industry talent and an eye on the American market.[/FONT]

They begin with[FONT=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Bitstream Charter', Times, serif][/FONT]Chronos Commandos: DawnPatrol[FONT=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Bitstream Charter', Times, serif]by writer/artist Stuart Jennett (Marvel UK); [/FONT]Numbercruncher[FONT=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Bitstream Charter', Times, serif]by X-Men: Legacy writer Si Spurrier and 2000AD artist P.J. Holden, and collections of [/FONT]Ring of Roses[FONT=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Bitstream Charter', Times, serif]by writer Das Petrou and artist John Watkiss,[/FONT]Thrud The Barbarian[FONT=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Bitstream Charter', Times, serif]by writer/artist Carl Critchlow (2000AD, Magic: The Gathering) and new volumes in a complete library of[/FONT]The First Kingdom[FONT=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Bitstream Charter', Times, serif]by Jack Katz[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Bitstream Charter', Times, serif]Then each month will see a new comic start,Gravestownby writer RogerGibson and artist VinceDanks (Harker), SurfaceTensionby writer/artist Jay Gunn hit stores in September, andDeathSentenceby writer MontyNero and artist MikeDowling (2000AD, Rex Royd) spins out of CLiNT.[/FONT]

A number of these comics have appeared in one form or other, but never in anything so high profile. Do we have a British Image on our hands?

Exceedingly Cool

Thatīs Joe Fixit on the cover of Numbercruncher... isnīt it?

Wrote the Book on Cool

This is awesome news. I was *just yesterday* wishing that there was a compete collected edition(s) of "First Kingdom."
    I was also surprised to find in my searching that Jack Katz is still alive today.

I wonder how many ideas that writers develop for 2000AD will now go to this creator owned imprint. Interesting times indeed.

will these only be available in the UK?

Oh look - "Guns & Dinos" finally appears. Sort of. :F

Quote Originally Posted by rotersand View Post
    Thatīs Joe Fixit on the cover of Numbercruncher... isnīt it?
    Gnah. Beat me to it.

気持ち悪い

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Do we have a British Image on our hands?

seems more like MARVEL's ICON line to me ... or what VERTIGO was originally supposed to be .. basically an established publisher opens up a little boutique line with the sales pitch of "creator owned" ..

whereas IMAGE is all creator owned and has been from the start ..

Dean of Cool University

I'm hoping they do a decent digital option

Dean of Cool University CammyKnoxville's Avatar

I'm both very intrigued and aroused.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast