Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Josh Hoopes Scam Stratum Comics And An Unknown Artist, Posing As Tucker Doud?

Administrator

Default Did Josh Hoopes Scam Stratum Comics And An Unknown Artist, Posing As Tucker Doud?

Earlier today we ran another example of Josh Hoopes using his Tucker Doud pseudonym on DeviantArt. And then we googled it further.

Oh dear.

In July this year, Stratum Comics published a comic book, Threat #1 by Xeric Award Winners Matt Schmidt and Vince Chuter, and Jordi Perez Estevez.

It had a cover by Tucker Doud.

And therein lies the problem. If it is the same Tucker Doud who is a pseudonym for Josh Hoopes, then this is likely the work of another artist also scammed by Hoopes, who may not realise that their work (unpaid) has actually been used by a publisher.

Schmidt tells me they paid $120 for the cover, which was unlike the artist's samples. The art provided is below, the head was changed from a head inside the comic book as they weren't happy with the look.

If you recognise your art or the artist, please get in touch.

Wow! $120 for that cover? I am sure a publisher could get a better cover for free from an unknown artist. I'm not saying it's right, but both parties would benefit from the exchange. I can't understand why they would pay for something they didn't like.

I think it's honestly about time for someone to set a trap for him. Document the entire process and all the evidence involved and set up a site for it. Have all the bleeding cool articles posted up there too and all the info on the guy and every alias he has used. Make it easier for people to find information on him and less likely to fall for his lies. The entire thing would be kind of a pain in the ass but it would make every move he makes more difficult over time. Until eventually he is screwed completely.
    I'm now doing weekly comic reviews for Fanboybuzz.com and be sure check out my blog @ thecomicsbleed.com.

How is Josh not in jail after all the shit he has pulled.

Seriously, at this point, the man could be arrested for dozens of charges on fraud, could he not? How has this not happened?

At the very least, WHY has he continued to scam when Bleeding Cool has constantly been on his ass?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatNickGuy View Post
    Seriously, at this point, the man could be arrested for dozens of charges on fraud, could he not? How has this not happened?

At the very least, WHY has he continued to scam when Bleeding Cool has constantly been on his ass?
    Because clearly Bleeding Cool hasn't impacted his ability to scam people.

Scott Johnson

Another scam everyone should be aware of is the Amway Tool Scam. Google "Stop The Amway Tool Scam Wordpress" for more information, and forward this to every non-Distributor/IBO you know, so they don't get scammed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    120 isnt high , 450!!
    120 isn't high for a cover at all. It's probably high for THAT cover, though.

Consultant of Cool

Just wanted to say this public service puts the "Cool" in "Bleeding Cool". Thank you for not letting this scammer get away with his hustle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast