Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Commission And Be Damned - Catwoman On A Hot Tin Roof

Administrator

Default Commission And Be Damned - Catwoman On A Hot Tin Roof

William Vuk writes;

In late 2009, I commissioned Pat Broderick to do a Catwoman commission for me to be picked up at the Boston Comic Con in April 2010. Pat immediately completed it, sending me a scan of the art and posting it on his Comic Art Fans webpage and I promptly paid for the piece. Fast forward to April 2010. In anticipation of receiving the art, I posted it on my Comic Art Fans webpage. Unfortunately Pat had to cancel his appearance at the Boston show. No big deal. I emailed him in July to arrange shipping. Then again in October. Then in November. Again in January of 2011. Then in July. I never received a response to ay of those 5 emails.

As luck would have it, Pat was going to be at the Baltimore Comic Con in August of 2011. I emailed him in August and he responded stating he would bring the art to Baltimore. Unfortunately Pat brought what he thought was my piece, but it was actually a Micronauts piece. He did insist that I take an older Catwoman piece he had with him (in the Michelle Pfeiffer costume - one that I do not collect/like). Its nice enough, but not my style. So I have something, just not what I paid for. After the show, I emailed him one more time in 2011 but did not receive a response.

In January 2012, I again emailed Pat and received a response two days later -- stating "I'll see what I can do to get it out to you this week." Pat also referenced my thread on StatueForum regarding this commission. I emailed him 24 days later to find out about the status. Then again in March. And in May. Again in August. Next in October. And one last email this past Saturday (December 15th). I have not received a response to any of those 6 emails. Pat's wife, did copy me on an email forwarding my December 15th email to Pat (he was on the original as well) and she responded when I questioned why the email had no text.

Given the inability to receive my commission through what I consider polite and straightforward emails, I posted an update my StatueForum thread. A member there noticed that Pat had uploaded the Catwoman art onto Comic Art Fans in January 2010 and entitled it "Rooftop". I instituted a campaign to try to have that piece of art receive the most daily comments on Comic Art Fans in an effort to bring attention to my situation and perhaps get Pat to send me the art.

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

Well, that seems pretty much unacceptable. Especially considering that the piece was obviously finished on time.
    To not get it to the owner in years, is at best laziness, but might even be considered something worse.

Sure, it's nice to have Catwoman art by Pat Broderick, but it's not adequate compensation for an already paid for, specific commission.
    PLEASE CONSIDER putting SilverSmurfer on ignore due to his factually incorrect and hysteric claim that "Uber" is a "historically revisionist nazi fantasy," and that we should boycott Avatar for it.
    Thank you for your Considerations.

Exceedingly Cool

Do they not have postmen in America? Are there not courier's that can send a bit of artwork in such a way that it wouldn't get folded? Sounds like a business opportunity.

It is a nice piece, not the best Catwoman (or anatomic woman body) I ever seen, but you should get what you paid for.

Just curious, there is an small device with numbers available everywhere in these days. After the 2nd not answered email, you had to call him.

Wrote the Book on Cool

I had met a guy and his son at Boston this year who collected classic Catwoman pieces in line where he got one from Francis Manapul (I got a Krypto). If its the same guy I wish him well in his endeavor. He was a really nice guy and we talked for quite a bit.

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

Man all these posts are really scaring me away from ever getting a commision. Not that I had the money to in the first place....

Dean of Cool University Acrid_Gunsmoke's Avatar

This is why I only get sketches from artists on the spot, who give me what I pay for right there in front of me.

I believe Mrs. Broderick is also named Pat.

And that's my contribution to this thread!

VP in Charge of Cool betty boolean's Avatar

I would guess it must have been sold to someone else between the time it was shown as a scan and the time coming for collecting.

Can't see why else Pat Broderick would be avoiding sending it on.

Doom 2099 was a great book though.
    Last edited by betty boolean; 12-18-2012 at 10:39 AM.
    “Everything in life is just for a while.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, A Scanner Darkly

--------------------------------

"DC comics are for ☛□☚'s"

"Batman Eternal my @¬$£"

"Marvel Essential collections make great colouring books"
    --Betty Boolean

Being a homosexual, I don’t often ogle, observe or play with the equipment on display in this picture.

I have to ask the heterosexuals on the thread – with Catwoman standing, should THEY really be that far apart and practically up under the armpits like that?
    You can never have enough hats, gloves and shoes.
    Remind me to tell you about the time I looked into the heart of an artichoke.
    ....some say that it loops forever, this road, that I lose you on every time....
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon ZK Olmstead View Post
    "There's a legend 'round here. A patient buried, but not dead. A curse on South Philly. A death curse. HBR's curse."
    @HellBlazeRaiser

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast