Thread: Misfits Renewed For A Fifth Series

Administrator

Default Misfits Renewed For A Fifth Series

Misfits has had a somewhat troubled fourth series this year, with al the original cast now leaving. But recent episodes seem to have picked up rather nicely.

I went to see the premiere of a new Channel 4 series last night, Utopia, starring Nathan Stewart-Jarrett, Curtis from Misfits (the first review ran here) and while there got chatting with all sorts of people from the channel.

During which I learnt that there had been some internal concerns about the show, but that they believed the "second block" of recording, starting with the rabbit episode, was a lot stronger.

And also that Misfits has been renewed for a fifth series.

Of course who exactly will be in it, once Hollywood has strip mined the new cast for Game Of Thrones, The Hobbit or Pip Pip Mister Phillips! (London Style) as they did the last, I have no idea...

Consultant of Cool

The Rabbit episode onwards has been among my favourite Misfits ever. Really really great stuff.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JaHawk2009 View Post
    The Rabbit episode onwards has been among my favourite Misfits ever. Really really great stuff.
    Oddly the first episode this year not written (or maybe just not credited) to creator and showrunner Overman . . . hope he opens up for more writers next series . . .

Zen Master of Cool

very glad to hear this. Ive been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the fourth series, all things considered.

It's definitely improved over the last few, still could do with the darkness bubbling under the surface rather than over the top.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Yay! I was hoping this announcement was coming this week. I have been enjoying this season more than the third to be totally honest. I actually love that none of the original cast remain. Not that they weren't great and helped make the series what it is. It just seems like a Misfits type thing to have the adventures go on with people totally unrelated to the starting crew. I think a fifth and sixth series would be just about right. And maybe the movie Overman has recently mentioned. The show still has plenty of potential but it can't go on forever.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by m0rris0n View Post
    Yay! I was hoping this announcement was coming this week. I have been enjoying this season more than the third to be totally honest. I actually love that none of the original cast remain. Not that they weren't great and helped make the series what it is. It just seems like a Misfits type thing to have the adventures go on with people totally unrelated to the starting crew. I think a fifth and sixth series would be just about right. And maybe the movie Overman has recently mentioned. The show still has plenty of potential but it can't go on forever.
    Six Seasons and a Movie . . .

Oh dear - I seem to be going against the grain here by thinking that Misfits has really lost its mojo along with its original cast. It's almost as though the writers have forgotten that the characters HAVE their powers (a good example from this week is when Jess is trying to peer through Alex's letterbox to see if he's there - SHE HAS X-RAY VISION!!). I know that the characters should always be more important than their powers but it would be nice to see them used a little more!! The last ep looks promising from its previews though...

I'm surprised it's getting a fifth season... The fourth has seemed more than a little like a rudderless boat, sinking into a puddle of something gratuitously organic and unpleasant...

I do agree that it's picked up a little post-rabbit, but I think it's still well short of past glory...

Cheers
    "You might think that... I couldn't possibly comment..."

Quote Originally Posted by berksbear View Post
    It's almost as though the writers have forgotten that the characters HAVE their powers (a good example from this week is when Jess is trying to peer through Alex's letterbox to see if he's there - SHE HAS X-RAY VISION!!). I know that the characters should always be more important than their powers but it would be nice to see them used a little more!!
    I liked the way they referenced that in this weeks episode and that they actually started to use them again.