Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Team 7 And Sword And Sorcery On The Chopping Block Already?

Administrator

Default Are Team 7 And Sword And Sorcery On The Chopping Block Already?

This is all about reading between the lines. It is not based on an actual source, unlike other recent DC articles.

But we're looking at a couple of Amazon listings. One for Team 7 Vol. 1: Fight Fire With Fire and one for Sword And Sorcery Vol. 1: Amethyst.

Both seem to contain seven or possibly eight issues worth of content which is high for a New 52 trade paperback. They usually contain five or six. Almost as if they were the complete run of the comic. As it was for, say, G.I. Combat Vol. 1: The War That Time Forgot.

That would suggest, purely on the Amazon listings, that Team 7 and Sword And Sorcery may be cancelled already and that we are looking at a new Wave of titles in May or possibly June.

VP in Charge of Cool

I wouldn't be surprised...as both have been lackluster so far anyways.

Bleeding Cool

both seem kinda meh so your probably right.

Account Closed

Time to face the reality that the market cannot support 52 on-going superhero titles from one publisher. It might have worked out with the big bang relaunch, but we're now 15 months beyond that and basically all of the A-list (and most B-list) titles are out of the bag, save for a JSA revival. You'd have to chow down on some serious cocoa puffs to believe that Team 7 or Sword of Sorcery were primed to make any kind of dent into the sales chart when A-list books like The Flash are already sagging out of the Top 50.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalClavicles View Post
    Time to face the reality that the market cannot support 52 on-going superhero titles from one publisher. It might have worked out with the big bang relaunch, but we're now 15 months beyond that and basically all of the A-list (and most B-list) titles are out of the bag, save for a JSA revival. You'd have to chow down on some serious cocoa puffs to believe that Team 7 or Sword of Sorcery were primed to make any kind of dent into the sales chart when A-list books like The Flash are already sagging out of the Top 50.
    someday the will understand this... They need cut it down 30 books a month.

Bleeding Cool

There no need for ravagers book.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    There no need for ravagers book.
    I suspect that book will be in the next wave or two of cancellations as sales have eroded and, frankly, deservedly so. It's the most poorly-written title of the New 52 out of the 25 to 30 titles I've tried/sampled. And Sword of Sorcery is no big surprise--I think it actually dipped around or below 20k after only the second issue--though I will say that I enjoy the Amethyst feature, which has pretty good writing and great artwork.

I hope you're wrong

SoS is pretty great
    "Looking past all that, with the number of regular comic buyers steadily decreasing, now would be a good time to be more inclusive of other genders, races, orientations, etc. There's only so many white dudes left." - downlikecharlie

Exceedingly Cool

Although I wouldn't be surprised if those titles are cancelled sooner rather than later, I don't think one can base it solely from the Amazon listings. The Flash collected issues 1-8, and Batman: The Dark Knight collected issues 1-9.

Sword and Sorcery / Sword of Sorcery is a longer $3.99 book with back up stories. If those are included it would make sense for the book to have a higher page count, similar to the Action Comics trade.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast