Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unpublished Issues Of Avengelyne To Be Published Digitally, Rob Liefeld To Return To Bloodstrike

Administrator

Default Unpublished Issues Of Avengelyne To Be Published Digitally, Rob Liefeld To Return To Bloodstrike

The current Extreme revival at Image Comics has received all sorts of critical acclaim. But it has seemed to ignore a previous Extreme revival in the same spirit, that of Avengelyne by Mark Poulton and Owen Gieni.

Cut short in its prime, published issues of the comic have been rolled out digitally on Keenspot, but now the comics being added are ones that never appeared in print, issues nine, ten and the Avengylene Annual.
    These new issues close out Mark and Owen's story-arc and have Avengelyne and Passover joining up with Blood Wulf (who will soon be seen in the pages of Bloodstrike as part of creator, Rob Liefeld's return to the series starting with issue 34) to battle the likes of the Red Dragon, Torment, and Priest.

My friend Mark Poulton gave me this information and said I can share it with you. They want to plug their Avengelyne finale, and there's also mention of Rob taking over Bloodstrike again with issue 34. Will you throw this stuff up on your site?
    Oh look at that, Rob Liefeld will be taking up the creative reins on Bloodstrike for Image. So that's what he did after storming out of DC Comics.

Wrote the Book on Cool Mars Hottentot's Avatar

What a pleasant surprise!

Way Cool

Well THAT vacation is over. Some people keep coming back to aggravate...just like herpes.

Consultant of Cool

I wondered what happened to this book, I'd been buying it. I'm not going to check keenspot to read a page three times a week for the next few months to keep reading it, so that's that. I would have bought further issues. Oh well.

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

I really enjoyed Seeley's take on Bloodstrike and now I'll have to read Liefeld's drivel again.
    Rob, really, if you need something to pass the time, finish Youngblood: Bloodsport, Imperial and those tons of other projects you've left unfinished.
    How about that Alan Moore Warchild series?

Good to hear about the Avengelyne issues, Mark wanted to do this since the book was cancelled, glad to see it's happening now.
    PLEASE CONSIDER putting SilverSmurfer on ignore due to his factually incorrect and hysteric claim that "Uber" is a "historically revisionist nazi fantasy," and that we should boycott Avatar for it.
    Thank you for your Considerations.

Consultant of Cool

Liefeld's talent is debatable, but the fact is that he owns so many Extreme properties, he'll never be hurting for money if he continues to let more talented people make the books for him.

Can we get a Moore Supreme omnibus? Any legal obstacles to that?

VP in Charge of Cool

Just when poor Bloodstrike gets used to having feet, this happens.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rpmdkc View Post
    Liefeld's talent is debatable, but the fact is that he owns so many Extreme properties, he'll never be hurting for money if he continues to let more talented people make the books for him.

Can we get a Moore Supreme omnibus? Any legal obstacles to that?
    Is his talent debatable? I don't think I've heard anyone seriously defend his work in years,outside of the occasional "I used to like it when I was young and stupid ".

I thought Rob Was retiring? Retiring means working on Bloodstrike?

Is he writing or drawing Bloodstrike? If he is writing then we might survive. You would feel bad for the artist if Rob was taking back the drawing of the book.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast