Thread: Alejandro Gonz?lez I??rritu To Direct Superhero Actor Comedy, Birdman

Robot for Front Page Blog Posts

Default Alejandro Gonz?lez I??rritu To Direct Superhero Actor Comedy, Birdman

Patrick Dane writes for Bleeding Cool.

Every once in a while a director tries to spread his wings and take on something different. Something so radically different to their previous work that I'm left scratching my head and all I can formulate to think is "Interesting..."

And if you are familiar with the works of Alejandro Gonz?lez I??rritu, you may find yourself doing that too when you hear the premise for his next movie.

The Wrap are reporting that I??rrituhas signed on to direct Birdman, and here's how they describe it:
    an actor who once played an iconic superhero... is now facing a crisis as he battles his ego and attempts to recover his family and career in the days leading up to the opening of a Broadway play.
    When they say an actor who once played an iconic superhero, my mind goes less to Christian Bale and more toAdam West.

There seems to be more material to mine when you're dealing with an actor only really known for playing the character, as opposed to an actor who just borrowed the role.

The Wrap story goes on to confirm that the film is going to be a comedy. Laughing righteously during Biutiful and Babel is not something I can really remember doing but it seems that there may be a funny bone in I??rritu yet.

Harvey Birdman would be better.
    I'm now doing weekly comic reviews for Fanboybuzz.com and be sure check out my blog @ thecomicsbleed.com.

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

Yeah is the going to feature Glaxy Trio Birdman? Because Harvey Birdman definitely was better.

Not there! There!

Wrote the Book on Cool Timber-Munki's Avatar

Surely what the world needs now is a re-make of the classic Condorman.

Dean of Cool University CammyKnoxville's Avatar

Did you get that thing I sent ya?

Dean of Cool University

I guess I'm unique - I loved Birdman as a kid, didn't care at all for Harvey Birdman. Just couldn't get into it at all.