Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warren Ellis Thunderbolts Hits 99c On ComiXology

Administrator

Default Warren Ellis Thunderbolts Hits 99c On ComiXology

Working its way around the world, until it hits the US and goes official, it looks like Warren Ellis and Mike Deodato's Thunderbolts run that span out of Civil War will be hitting 99 cents on Monday morning... it's already at 69p in the UK.

And it's joined by Warren Ellis Forum member Matt Fraction with Barry Kitson on another Civil War spinoff The Order.

Look.

Thunderbolts hasn't been as good since that Ellis/Deodato run(though, to be fair, Diggle's run wasn't half bad). And that equally short Order run is the only thing Fraction's been associated with to date that I've liked start to finish without reservation.

I loved Ellis and Deodato's Thunderbolts.

If you said 'Milwaukee', you are CORRECTAMUNDO!

Ellis and Deodato's Thunderbolts should have been reprinted as an oversized HC with an acknowledgement from Marvel that Bendis owes his entire Dark Avengers run to the trail it blazed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H. View Post
    Ellis and Deodato's Thunderbolts should have been reprinted as an oversized HC with an acknowledgement from Marvel that Bendis owes his entire Dark Avengers run to the trail it blazed.
    Can't really disagree with this.
    "Looking past all that, with the number of regular comic buyers steadily decreasing, now would be a good time to be more inclusive of other genders, races, orientations, etc. There's only so many white dudes left." - downlikecharlie

Account Closed

The Ellis 'Bolts are very Bush era, but I'd still rank those issues as the best Marvel comics of the last five years. No kidding.

The Andy Digglebolts weren't bad, either. I would have rather Diggle stuck around to flesh out that team a bit more instead of giving us Shadowland (Marvel's greatest turkey of the last five years).

Jeff Parker was fun for awhile, but the New Dark Avengers have been total garbage.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalClavicles View Post
    Jeff Parker was fun for awhile, but the New Dark Avengers have been total garbage.
    Parker's early issues weren't bad--I did like the inclusion of Satana and Man-Thing--but it went totally off the rails once the team got lost in time(and stayed there WAY too long). As for Dark Avengers, it's about nine-tenths less entertaining than Bendis' DA run(which I thought was his absolute best work out of all the Avengers stuff he did, despite many perceiving it as a bargain-basement take on Ellis' admittedly superior Thunderbolts run).
    Last edited by ChrisGa; 12-02-2012 at 09:39 PM.

The Ellis 'Bolts are very Bush era...
    Oh, I think they'll still resonate.

I'd thought Parker's change in tone from mega-dark to likable losers worked pretty well however the ending of that story which just wrapped up took a major dive with the Dark Avengers and mediocre artist forced upon it.

Consultant of Cool

I loved Parker's run until the first issue of the Victoria England arc. That issue killed all the momentum of the series and while it gained a little of it back during the Camelot arc it lost the rest in the TBolts vs TBolts arc.

If they were ending the timetravel arc for the new direction of Dark Avengers I'd be up for it, but it seems that they'll be going for an alternate universe arc which is the last thing the book needs right now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast