Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Bendis To Kill Off An Original X-Man?

Administrator

Default Brian Bendis To Kill Off An Original X-Man?

I'm reminded of when Brian Bendis wanted to kill an Avenger, he got a list and he chose Hawkeye. He probably has a bit more leeway these days.

In the video above for MTV, to promote All New X-Men, Bendis talks about the five X-Men brought from the past to see their future andf, rather pointedly, asks

"What if one of them dies? What happens then?"

Beat.

Beat.

Beast?

downlikecharlie

Riiiiiiiiiight.

Wait a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    "What if one of them dies? What happens then?"
    Well if any of the past X-men die in the future there should be a cosmic pileup changing the timeline maybe not immediately but it should happen. But i doubt they'll let such a logical option come to pass and use some cop-out option to avoid any real consequence.
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Wrote the Book on Cool

Again?! But that trick NEVER works!

Does this guy have more than one idea?

How original of Bendis.
    MY EBAY COMIC STORE

"Our lives are different to anybody else's. That's the exciting thing. Nobody in the universe can do what we're doing." -The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    Well if any of the past X-men die in the future there should be a cosmic pileup changing the timeline maybe not immediately but it should happen. But i doubt they'll let such a logical option come to pass and use some cop-out option to avoid any real consequence.
    It'll be Jean, but since she's already dead in the present it won't affect anything because of ... magic ... ?

Exceedingly Cool

Gee... how original.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    I'm guessing it wouldn't actually affect anything in 616. It would follow something similar to "Back to the Future" rules creating an alternate future for the timeline they came from while leaving the original one in tact.
    I'm now doing weekly comic reviews for Fanboybuzz.com and be sure check out my blog @ thecomicsbleed.com.

I was going to say "heh I can't wait for people to take this piece of speculation, treat it as fact and start snarking at Bendis for something he have no intention of doing" but I was just too slow!
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast