Thread: Eighty Alex Ross And Jae Lee's Original Art "Sketch" Retailer Covers

Administrator

Default Eighty Alex Ross And Jae Lee's Original Art "Sketch" Retailer Covers

Masks #1 by Chris Roberson and Alex Ross may be making quite an impact when it hits in November's charts. I'm told it has received 68,000 preorders, which is a record-breaker for Dynamite of late. Outside of Marvel and DC, that means they were probably just behind My Little Pony and The Walking Dead.

Helping get to those figures, of course, were these original art covers, where Alex Ross and Jae Lee would paint original art onto blank covers for qualifying retailers. Eighty in all. And here they all are.

Wrote the Book on Cool

What paper was used for the covers? Something akin to original art board (ie: Bristol)? I keep seeing in my head that these books might be very, very soggy underneath these paintings.

And i already chose the cover i wanted
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

God bless Alex Ross. Issue one of mask was amazing

If you said 'Milwaukee', you are CORRECTAMUNDO!

Quote Originally Posted by ShutUpRob View Post
    What paper was used for the covers? Something akin to original art board (ie: Bristol)? I keep seeing in my head that these books might be very, very soggy underneath these paintings.
    I don't think anyone who gets one of those covers is going to be very worried about the story inside. Not when they can easily read the same issue with the regular cover, a digital version, the eventual hardcover and TPB, etc.

Try to see the tree for the forest.

Default These are awesome!

Of the eighty, 20 of them are at my local comic book store. They just had Jae Lee in for a signing, and he said he did about 20 (25 by my count), 8 of which were in the store. They look awesome! He only did 2 Kato's, both of which are in the store. Shameless plug: the store is Cards, Comics, & Collectibles. Check out their Facebook page and website (cardscomicscollectibles.com) as I'm sure they will have information on buying one.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H. View Post
    I don't think anyone who gets one of those covers is going to be very worried about the story inside. Not when they can easily read the same issue with the regular cover, a digital version, the eventual hardcover and TPB, etc.

Try to see the tree for the forest.
    I see the tree for the forest. An overwatered tree is just as mistreated as an underwatered one. Soggy pages are soggy pages and soggy pages means that the books are *inherently* massively damaged.