Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speculator Corner: Did Superior Spider-Man Begin In Amazing Spider-Man #600?

Administrator

Default Speculator Corner: Did Superior Spider-Man Begin In Amazing Spider-Man #600?

So Amazing Spider-Man #698 is selling from between $5 and $13 on eBay... but where did it all begin?

Could it be a certain scene in Amazing Spider-Man #600? The issue saw Otto Octavius coming to terms with the damage done to his very-human body after years of fighting superheroes, given a terminal diagnosis and choosing to turn to technology to fill the gaps.

It took 98 issues for his body to actually die. But his mind?

When Spider-Man uploaded himself. When he put his brainwave pattern into whatever Doctor Octopus technology he was using... at what cost?

Currently Amazing Spider-Man #600 sells on eBay for around cover price or less. Will that be the case tomorrow?

Bleeding Cool

Never liked the redesign, trying to turn a corny '60s villain "hardcore" and "badass."

Quote Originally Posted by Hdefined View Post
    Never liked the redesign, trying to turn a corny '60s villain "hardcore" and "badass."
    Can't see that design as badass. Armor doesn't mean badass.

I bought this from Comixology yesterday (and loved it!). If anything I think it's given the answer to how Peter survives as I think he's downloaded himself in to the Octopus exo-skeleton.

Bleeding Cool

Since this article was posed with a question mark, I will answer: No.
    Traveling.

Dean of Cool University devious1's Avatar

Wow Rich.

I hope Slott's giving you some type of compensation for all the free promotions your giving his book

Wrote the Book on Cool Bishop37's Avatar

Did Rich's shameless grab for hits start with his first Superior Spider-Man news item?

You decide!
    "There are those who believe life here began out there, far across the universe..."

Wrote the Book on Cool

Did Superior Spider-Man Begin In Amazing Spider-Man #600?? Well, according to the solicits to #699, looks like that might be a yes.

This is the MUST READ issue that turns over all the cards and reveals secrets that have been set as far back as ENDS OF THE EARTH, SPIDER-ISLAND, and 99 issues ago in ASM #600!
    Time to raid those back issue bins.

Very Cool

Wouldn't it not have happened until Ends of the Earth? If Ock transferred his mind in 600 why would he...stop Peter? Am I misunderstanding it all?!

I can't remember, what was Ock's scheme back in 600? Was that when he was trying to fry the Earth with the heat of the sun?
    ShadowMax: Has anyone actually verified this is the real Steve Wacker?

Me: Quick Steve, tell us something only Steve Wacker would know.

Steve Wacker: [The Marvel relaunch] secretly is a reboot.

Me: If you mean the continuity won't match up with any of the preceding issues, anyone could have predicted that.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast