Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: The Curse Of Alan Moore Strikes Once Again

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J Poole View Post
    That's a fair point... But if you have 100 people in group A leading to 1 person in group B, that's a 1% return on marketing...

What's 1% of 300,000,000?

We just need a big enough living room

Cheers
    I just need a bigger living room full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by not him - HIM View Post
    I just need a bigger living room full stop.
    Heh... or a filing system?

We're talking about putting our place on the market next year, but after 14 years in one place - longest I've ever lived in one house - the sheer volume of crap we've accumulated and now need to declutter is doing my head in...

Cheers
    "You might think that... I couldn't possibly comment..."

We're talking about putting our place on the market next year, but after 14 years in one place - longest I've ever lived in one house - the sheer volume of crap we've accumulated and now need to declutter is doing my head in...

Cheers
    The thought of moving house again makes me want to run to the hills and live the life of one of those ececentric people who get they're bodies tattooed with big cat markings and spend their lives in caves (or at least they live there when the TV crews turn up to interview them). But I'm not rich enough to be classed as an eccentric.

Fortunately, the wife's current thinking is that we stay in our current place for at least another couple of years. I'm hoping I can barter for longer.

But yeah, you have my sympathy. I'm guessing this is why you're flogging all those books on Ebay, right?

Quote Originally Posted by not him - HIM View Post
    But yeah, you have my sympathy. I'm guessing this is why you're flogging all those books on Ebay, right?
    Pretty much... Loinfruit's been out of the house and doing her own thing for a couple of years now, and it's just too big a house for just two humans a hyperactive dog and a psychotic cat...

There are about 6 bookcases full - and I mean FULL - of books I've had for decades but haven't read for years, so, time to cull... eBay isn't going to buy a new place, but at least it feels like I've tried to find a good home for them before they just get dropped off at the charity shops...

Personally, I fancy a run down shack on a beach somewhere...

Cheers

Pretty much... Loinfruit's been out of the house and doing her own thing for a couple of years now, and it's just too big a house for just two humans a hyperactive dog and a psychotic cat...
    No house is too big for a psychotic cat. My little monster is slowly 'conquering' every nook and cranny of the house. I'm glad she's left her wardrobe phase behind. I thought we had poltergiest the other week.

Bleeding Cool

Cheers
    We've moved once a year for the last 6 years. It does tend to keep one decluttered, but I am so looking forward to staying in one place for an extended period of time.

Dean of Cool University

You mean 'pretty much inevitable'?

If there isn't already a cocktail called a Broken Record, we need to invent one just so we can add it to the BC drinking game.

You're right. The only options are change, die, or keep limping along from event to event until we have to change or die...

For all I slag off Bob et al for not chasing new customers, a lot of the power does lie not so much with DC and Marvel but with Warner and Disney.

If/when they decide they want to sell more 20ish page hits of the comic experience on a recurring basis, regardless of delivery method, that's when we'll see it start to happen.

Cheers
    Again I agree. And Bob is right that the Big 2 (and their parents) need to step up if they care about sales.

But how about this for digital... instead of more content for 2.99/3.99, 10 pages per week for 0.99?
    Now the current regimes would say that's silly because at the end of the month it's more content for less money. But it meets what appears to be the tipping point for sales - the 0.99 price point that people don't think twice about.
    And a weekly sale would seem to me more likely to keep the consumer coming back and possibly checking out what else is available.

Also I wouldn't have a release day for all comics. I'd set aside a day per book/batch. For example: Monday Batman, Tuesday Superman, Wednesday Wonder Woman, etc. Since digital is a 24/7 shopping experience, it's silly to release based on the brick and mortar schedule.

Finally, the Beat had a nice piece on sales figures using statements of ownership. Wonder Woman was moving almost 146,000 units in 1973! And that book was considered a bad seller!
    http://comicsbeat.com/fools-gold-sea...sales-figures/

Quote Originally Posted by D Bell View Post
    Again I agree. And Bob is right that the Big 2 (and their parents) need to step up if they care about sales.

But how about this for digital... instead of more content for 2.99/3.99, 10 pages per week for 0.99?
    Now the current regimes would say that's silly because at the end of the month it's more content for less money. But it meets what appears to be the tipping point for sales - the 0.99 price point that people don't think twice about.
    And a weekly sale would seem to me more likely to keep the consumer coming back and possibly checking out what else is available.

Also I wouldn't have a release day for all comics. I'd set aside a day per book/batch. For example: Monday Batman, Tuesday Superman, Wednesday Wonder Woman, etc. Since digital is a 24/7 shopping experience, it's silly to release based on the brick and mortar schedule.

Finally, the Beat had a nice piece on sales figures using statements of ownership. Wonder Woman was moving almost 146,000 units in 1973! And that book was considered a bad seller!
    http://comicsbeat.com/fools-gold-sea...sales-figures/
    They do something along those lines (can't remember exact prices) with the Batman Beyond family. The printed book is a collection.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Comicsfan101 View Post
    We've moved once a year for the last 6 years. It does tend to keep one decluttered, but I am so looking forward to staying in one place for an extended period of time.
    Witness Protection Schemes always have a downside...

Quote Originally Posted by D Bell View Post

Fool’s Gold: Searching for Longbox Treasure: Sales Figures!
    Certainly digital gets publishers free of the constraints of a fixed release date, or even a fixed page count...

10 pages every week though... I dunno, on one hand I'd say try it and see - ability to do so being another plus for digital - but part of me also thinks that it would be a major stretch for writers to break stories down into 10 page chapters, even in these decompressed times...

Cheers

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by toodoor View Post
    They do something along those lines (can't remember exact prices) with the Batman Beyond family. The printed book is a collection.
    Thing is, he's been told several times now that the 10 pages cheap plan is already being used ...

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast