Thread: A Second My Little Pony Comic Focusing On Individual Ponies - First Up, Twilight Sparkle

Administrator

Default A Second My Little Pony Comic Focusing On Individual Ponies - First Up, Twilight Sparkle

With IDW clearing 100,000 preorders and more on My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic#1, it was only a matter of time before we'd see more.

In February, as well as My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic #4, you can also buy My Little Pony Micro Series #1 - Twilight Sparkle, the first of six comics spotlighting a specific Pony.

Here are the covers and the solicitations for both comics...

MY LITTLE PONY FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC #4

(W) Katie Cook (A) Andy Price (CA) Stephanie Buscema, Andy Price

Their epic quest nearing its end, the Mane 6 reach the Changeling Kingdom and find themselves at the mercy of Queen Chrysalis! A sinister offer threatens to tear the group apart before they can save the day. Will friendship prevail over the Queen's nefarious plan?

MY LITTLE PONY MICRO SERIES #1 (OF 6) TWILIGHT SPARKLE

(W/A) Thomas F. Zahler (CA) Thomas F. Zahler, Amy Mebberson

Introducing the first of six spotlights focusing on everyone's favorite Ponies! Twilight Sparkle becomes enthralled in a literary masterpiece. Dismayed to hear the series never continued, Twilight goes on a quest to hunt down the reclusive author, Jade Singer. It will take all of the studious Pony's detective skill to find the author, and twists and turns abound! Don't miss this adventure in imagination!

Wrote the Book on Cool DaveOMac's Avatar

While I dislike all things related to Bronies, I do hope this brings in new comics readers, especially children.

Anything that attracts new readers is good, I just hope we don't see The Friendly Spider-Ham from Marvel next.

Default I just don't understand...

...the appeal of My Little Pony.

I mean, it's fine that people are into it. Vive la diference. But what is it about this franchise that people find interesting? To me, it's always seemed about as enjoyable and entertaining as squeezing one's testicles in a vice.

Quote Originally Posted by rassmguy View Post
    But what is it about this franchise that people find interesting?

MLP:FiM is a modern day Flatland, only instead of exploring the hypothetical realms of geometry, it looks at network theory in a realm where social connections can affect physical reality. If you look past the pastel veneer of the show, it's a deep look at the raw, computational power of a social fabric. If you can decipher the metaphors, the subtle lessons it teaches are unparalleled in our modern, digital world

Dean of Cool University

Nobody tell my daughter. Please, nobody tell my daughter.

It's like the appeal of Bone..especially the earlier issues.

It's funny, with great, well developed characters, good art, good storytelling, with some adventure and some slice of life.

Given comics has books with sarcastic rabbits, soldier mice, nazi cats, super hero dogs, talking ponies is no different, other than it has pre-concieved ideas based on a toyline.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.

an intersting coment int he EqD thread pointing here:
    "
    Well...... That's not the last of the comic book news. There's something that hasn't been announced yet. And I can't say, out of respect to Hasbro.
    But the spotlights were bound to arrive. They've been a staple of the Transformers comics from idw for years.
    "
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.

Wrote the Book on Cool GreenCatcher's Avatar

Goddamn im excited for this.

I like it, but I am a girl.... and much of my childhood was spent playing with ponies and gi joes and toy dinosaurs. Barbies fit in but were kinda like freakish giants in the land of playdom; and ninja turtles got kicked out because they were too violent. --damn the rules for playing with toys was rather complicated in nursery school.

I just like the stuff because it's cute, reminds me of my childhood, and is an interesting break from violence, violence and more violence, and knitting, which is way more violent than you'd think.
    Ingredients: Spite, Vitriol, Lycanthropy,Mt.dew, Soylent Green, Books,Knitting, Books, Books, Arsenic, Doom, Books, Lead, OMGKITTIES, Peer-Reviewed Journals, Natural Flavor, Artificial Coloring.

Warnings: Keep out of reach of Children.