Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rot Liefeld - Jeff Lemire Takes A Stab In Animal Man

Administrator

Default Rot Liefeld - Jeff Lemire Takes A Stab In Animal Man

Earlier this year, as Rob Liefeld blazed out of DC Comics in a hail of Twitterbitterness, he managed to snag Scott Snyder on the way out, and they had quite a war of words, which has had a series of blow ups since.

Well, Scott, Jeff Lemire has your back.

In today's Animal Man, currently in a crossover with Scott Snyder's Swamp Thing, we get to see more of the DC superheroes which have... rotted. And guess which ones he chooses?

Hawk...

Dove...

Deathstroke and Grifter...

That join up with last month's Hawkman.

It's almost as if there's something or someone who can join these characters together...

Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London. Who are preparing to launch new issues of two of the best British Independent Comics anthologies ? The Strumpet and Ink+Paper.

Banned

childish shit, a la Byrne and Claremont in the 80's

Captain Cool

This book has become so stupid. Can't believe it was so mindblowing in the first 5 issues.

Exceedingly Cool
    The deepest pits of Hel, somewhere in southern germany

Isn't it great when the creators whose work you like and admire behave like stupid, little kids?

I'd think it would be a little more forgivable if it was Snyder himself. but Lemire? For me this is even worse than what Liefeld did, I mean that guy was doing it on a spur of the moment, typical internet style, but Lemire must have thought this through and spent time writing it in the script, probably giggling maliciosuly to himself all the time.

Childish, yes, but I thought it was kind of fun in the way it spiced up a series that has since the launch slowly become sluggish, unimaginative and kind of boring.

A dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind.

Hilarious... Jeff, I'm your fan.

Captain Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Leandro View Post
    Childish, yes, but I thought it was kind of fun in the way it spiced up a series that has since the launch slowly become sluggish, unimaginative and kind of boring.
    Well I agree with the part I bolded.

Hmmm. Not read the issue yet, but seeing how the point is that the whole of the world have become Rot zombies save for a select few, couldn't this be part of a larger mass of characters to get ripped up/stabbed/etc.?

Also, I've found Animal Man to still be one of the consistently enjoyable DC books--heck, books by anyone--month after month. So take that as you will when considering my devil's advocating of this.

Consultant of Cool

I fail to see how this is childish. Isn't AM part of the same sub-section of the DC52 as those characters, or aren't they at least neighbors?

Quote Originally Posted by irrg View Post
    I fail to see how this is childish. Isn't AM part of the same sub-section of the DC52 as those characters, or aren't they at least neighbors?
    In that any of this actually matters, AM is a considered a "Dark" title. Deathstroke and Grifter are Edge titles, Hawkman is part of the Justice League book, and Hawk and Dove was considered Young Justice. So...no? The only book that AM has had any real tie to at all thus far is Swamp Thing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast