Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Jeff Lemire Tease His Green Arrow Gig Via NYCC Clothing Choice?

From the actual CBR article:

"This news comes via MTV Geek who also noted two new tie-in series will also launch around the title in February – a "Vibe" comic from "Arrow" writer Andrew Kreisberg and artist Pete Woods and a "Katana" series written by Ann Nocenti and drawn by artist Alex Sanchez. As a result of that second book, Nocenti will step down from "Green Arrow" to make way for writer Jeff Lemire starting with issue #17. All three monthly series are expected to connect with the new Justice League monthly." (emphasis added)

Ummmmm...

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

Also from CBR:
    "Amidst the news of new DC Comics announcements made earlier today was the news that Ann Nocenti will step down as writer on "Green Arrow" to write a "Katana" miniseries drawn by Alex Sanchez. Starting with "Green Arrow" #17, "Animal Man" writer Jeff Lemire and "I, Vampire" artist Andrea Sorrentino will take on the emerald archer for a new direction in the series."

UPDATE: Lemire & Sorrentino Take Over "Green Arrow" - Comic Book Resources

They have since corrected that, it now reads as series.

EDIT: None of which fixes the fact that there is still a New 52 title missing. Something announced tomorrow or Wednesday still, not connected to the JLA stuff?
    Last edited by TheKidNixon; 11-05-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Cooler Than The Other Side of the Pillow kingslayer's Avatar

This is awesome news. I like Green Arrow and Jeff Lemire is quickly becoming one of my favourite writers.
    If you don't know who I am...then perhaps your best course...would be to tread lightly.

GA cover
    Green-Arrow-17_Cover.jpg

i ll just pretend GA just launched.

Dean of Cool University Acrid_Gunsmoke's Avatar

Glad I skipped out on Nocenti's GA run entirely. It doesn't sound like anyone will miss it. Jeff Lemire, we have high hopes! JT Krul also promised us a book "close to the Grell era" and we got nothing like that. At all.

Vibe. Pass.
    Katana. Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidNixon View Post
    Was pulling for her before she took over Green Arrow, but nearly every New 52 title under her name thus far has fluctuated between impenetrable gibberish and god-awful gibberish.
    Given that she's only writing "Catwoman" (issue #0 was so-so but #13 was good and promising IMO) and "Green Arrow" (which IS awful but IMO mainly because the artist has no sense for storytelling and layouts).
    I'd be interested in a "Katana" series but with Alex Sanchez on art duties I think I may pass.

気持ち悪い

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Given that she's only writing "Catwoman" (issue #0 was so-so but #13 was good and promising IMO) and "Green Arrow" (which IS awful but IMO mainly because the artist has no sense for storytelling and layouts).
    I'd be interested in a "Katana" series but with Alex Sanchez on art duties I think I may pass.
    Did you read Green Arrow 13 with Freddie Williams penciling? A vastly superior artist and it was still terrible.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast