Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Jeff Lemire Tease His Green Arrow Gig Via NYCC Clothing Choice?

Captain Cool

Jesus, 52 variants for JLA #1? Fucking ridiculous. And to those who thought it was just Marvel guilty of this kind of crap.

Not to mention, Kriesberg is just horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by db8coach View Post
    All of these creator changes kinda bum me out. What happened to long sustained runs of creators on comic books?
    Why are you ignoring all the titles that haven't had creator changes? Should even the most horrible or poor-selling comics continue as is rather than changing what isn't working?

I never understood the problem with variant covers, let alone how many a book has. Who cares? What possible affect does it have?

I think one cover for each state and US territory for JLA is a pretty cool idea.

If Marvel did the same things for Avengers: The Initiative I would have said the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Strong View Post
    Jesus, 52 variants for JLA #1? Fucking ridiculous. And to those who thought it was just Marvel guilty of this kind of crap.

Not to mention, Kriesberg is just horrible.
    Its state based.so one variant per state . I know QCBOB wants one for his state:-). They could do a trade of all 52 varaints . That might be cool collectors item

Cool

I'm so glad that Green Arrow is getting some talent on the title. The last 13 issues have been a train wreck. Oliver deserves way better and I can't believe the scripts even got approved.

DC would be wise to put 52 varaint trade out

Captain Cool

I guess that's slightly better, as long as they're not incentivizing the stores to get all of them.

Still, completely underwhelmed by these announcements. Johns has lost it, and Nocenti and Kriesberg are not cutting it.

Amazing that Joshua Hale Fialkov is now writing a Spider-Man book. It looks like Marvel is better at capitalizing talent than DC is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Strong View Post
    I guess that's slightly better, as long as they're not incentivizing the stores to get all of them.
    Nope, just order the ones you want.

Amazing that Joshua Hale Fialkov is now writing a Spider-Man book. It looks like Marvel is better at capitalizing talent than DC is.
    Maybe he just doesn't want any of the books they have offered him? He was supposed to do Action Comics backups, but for some reason that didn't pan out, so at least at some point DC was trying to get him to expand beyond I, Vampire.

Captain Cool

Apparently Grant Morrison nixed it in favor of Sholly Fisch because he liked Brave and the Bold.

Wrote the Book on Cool Mars Hottentot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    You don't wait for somebody to ask for something, you make them want something. Did anyone say they wanted a book about a bulletproof guy who could jump high before Action Comics 1? Jesus, have comics become so insular that only the same 10 characters can have books without people bitching?
    You are so cute.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast