Thread: Cause-Play: The Story Of Pink Deadpool

Administrator

Default Cause-Play: The Story Of Pink Deadpool

Will Romine writes;

Hey there friends! ?* "Cause-Play" is the trend I've noticed of cosplayers taking the recognition and awards of a quality costume to do some social good. "Cause-Play" is the trend I've noticed of cosplayers taking the recognition and awards of a quality costume to do some social good. ?*Now I'm no stranger to cos-play, so when I say this is a thing, it most definitely is.

James Jwanowski is a prime example of a Cause-Player. ?*Jwanowski has spent the last 6 months going to cons in a Pink Deadpool to raise awareness and funds for Breast Cancer. ?*Many Cos-Players replicate the most minute details of a characters costumes. Some create a better interpretation than Hollywood, but only a select few are actually superheroes. ?*Jwanowski is one of this select breed.

I recently had a chance to speak with Pink Deadpool and the reception his costume has gotten since he debuted it at AnimeNext this past summer. ?*His girlfriend's mother is a breast cancer survivor and he has gotten a lot of positive attention from other breast cancer survivors at cons all along the Eastern Seaboard. ?*He's even inspired other Cos-Players to create pink variants of their costumes; including a pink Master Chief and Joker.

Along with raising awareness, he also wants to raise funds for research. ?*His main strategy has been to enter costume contests with the idea of donating his winnings to Breast Cancer Charities. ?*However, winning a costume contest without latex molded?*prosthetics?*or body armor is almost impossible. ?*Thus, he's going with plan B. ?*Jwanowski has set up a website to translate the good tidings generated by his costume into donations for a cure. ?*We're all strapped for cash, but if you and a friend share one of your weekly comic buys, you'll each have $1.50 to donate. ?*Here's the link below.

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraise...pool/donatenow

Also, if Rob Liefeld is reading this, James would really, really like to meet you.

BIG THUMB'S UP!

It's not something Deadpool would approve of, because, well, he's a dick, but it's certainly something I approve of!

Having lost my mother-in-law to breast cancer at far too young an age, I am all for telling the Merc With a Mouth he looks pretty in pink!

-- Fabian

Bleeding Cool

The suit is pretty spot on to the comic book suit. Thats very cool of him to do

Good work James Jwanowski.

Exceedingly Cool

Having first met James 2 years, he is seriously one of the nicest guys you could possibly meet and a big reason why I eventually started cosplaying myself.