Thread: The Poster That Every Transformers Fan Will Want To Win

Administrator

Default The Poster That Every Transformers Fan Will Want To Win

This week brings us to the season two finale of Transformers Prime. It's an episode called Darkest Hour, in which:
    Megatron sets a plan in motion forcing Optimus to make a decision that has a devastating effect on the Autobot team.
    Oooh!

And so the Hub are airing a "26-Hour Takeover" today and airing all 52 episodes from the first two seasons of Transformers Prime, culminating in the first airing of that second season finale. They've given us a clip to promote this - as well as 15?*fifteen posters to give away, each featuring images from all 52 episodes of seasons one and two.

To win one of these posters, all you have to do is design your own Transformer-like-but-not-actually-a-Transformer-for-legal-reasons creature and post it on the comment thread for this story.

The fifteen most impressive/creative in my mind will win...

</div>Here's that clip.

A picture design, yes?

Wrote the Book on Cool

I loved when these posters actually used the images within them to create a larger image rather and just photoshopping it so it simulates that effect. This one looks like it's just a big face embossed over smaller images.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshAdams View Post
    I loved when these posters actually used the images within them to create a larger image rather and just photoshopping it so it simulates that effect. This one looks like it's just a big face embossed over smaller images.
    yeah, poster makers seem to have given up treating the smaller ones as pixels and doing it properly.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

I don't know what the closing date was (or if there's an age limit!) but here's my entry!

I swear Big Ben is a robot.

It looks like "every" transformed into "one."

Quote Originally Posted by Gibsonian View Post
    I swear Big Ben is a robot.
    Yes, but its robot form is that of a crocodile:

I'll get an entry done for this at some point!

VP in Charge of Cool

So is Transformers Prime any good? I haven't seen it but do like Transformers in general.

Quote Originally Posted by karmakaze View Post
    So is Transformers Prime any good? I haven't seen it but do like Transformers in general.

It's awesome. It does kid sidekicks without them being annoying, treats Optimus a lot better than Bay did and while being clearly 'for kids' is something that a thirty-year-old like myself can still enjoy (FWIW, the last few animated TF offerings I've found execrable, and even through notalgia goggles I'll admit the original series isn't all that).

A decent and varied cast of characters with recognisable personalities and depth, plenty of subtle shout-outs to old continuities in clever ways, character deaths, employing former Firefly actors, and finally coming up with a decent curse-word for Cybertronians - scrap! And Arcee is awesome.

Welker and Cullen are both in it!

Somewhere, my six-year old self is weeping at how my creativity has degraded. What does my robot convert into? What was the first machine I saw on my desktop?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Shakalooloo; 11-07-2012 at 08:08 AM.