Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Harris Would Like You To Ask About War Heroes

Administrator

Default Tony Harris Would Like You To Ask About War Heroes

On the Bleeding Cool forums, in response to an ECCC interview with Tony Harris, a number of readers wanted to know why Tony was creating new work for Image when he hadn't finished the long-delayed War Heroes series with Mark Millar.

It touched a rather sore spot. Tony responded on the boards;
    Cheers. please go to Millarworld, hit the message boards and ask Mark. I am so bloody SICK of this shit. I cant draw scripts I dont have. Trying to do my thing.
    War Heroes was optioned to Sony as a movie back in 2008, when the first two issues were published. The third issue took another year. It was then optioned to Universal late last 2011, and it was expected comic production might follow suit shortly. It was not to be.

This is the solicitation to issue 4 from 2008.
    Just when the scam is ready to kick into action, one of the team is kidnapped and may be beheaded by Islamic fundamentalists. Yes, the bad news is that the Islamics have gotten their hands on the super-pills, too, and have an unholy Jihad planned against both the soldiers in the Gulf and the western world in general. The war between these two cultures reaches a new high with the threat of a third World War fought entirely between super-powered soldiers.
    Representatives inform me that new issues should see production once schedules allow it. Millar is also currently potentially looking for a name artist who can draw eight or more comics a year for a new ongoing series...

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

Mark Millar doesn't make comic books. He makes movie pitches.

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Comet View Post
    Mark Millar doesn't make comic books. He makes movie pitches.
    pretty much, and none of it is very original in anyway, just variations of properties that already exist

Ah Rich, more pro Millar propaganda as alwa... hold on!
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Harris
    Cheers. please go to Millarworld, hit the message boards and ask Mark. I am so bloody SICK of this shit. I cant draw scripts I dont have. Trying to do my thing.
    "Cheers"? "Bloody"? Wasn't Harris born and raised in the Southern U.S.? Is one of the hazards of working with Mark Millar turning British?

Quote Originally Posted by toodoor View Post
    Ah Rich, more pro Millar propaganda as alwa... hold on!
    We need some kind of chart to keep track of this, the tricky devil keeps switching sides when we least expect it!! Perhaps some kind of circle with an arrow that you spin* DC in one quadrant, Marvel in another and perhaps 2 more for pro and anti-Millar. Perhaps hook the pro-Millar segment to some kind of device that would signal Mike Daniels. Hmmmm I feel a plan coming together....

* There must be a technical term for this
    if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Tumblr | Fractal Friction | Google+

If you said 'Milwaukee', you are CORRECTAMUNDO!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    This is the solicitation to issue 4 from 2008.
    Just when the scam is ready to kick into action,
    Sounds like that should be followed by "Universal decided not to make the movie".
    Last edited by Mike H.; 04-06-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Would Millar actually reply or would it be like the guy a few weeks ago who was supposed to have his story in Clint and didn't hear anything from Millar or Titan?

Well, the book has been optioned already, so what interest could Millar still have on it? Why bother to actually finish it, when it served his purpose already?

That's Millar to you, guys. A gentleman through and through.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Batty View Post
    Well, the book has been optioned already, so what interest could Millar still have on it? Why bother to actually finish it, when it served his purpose already?

That's Millar to you, guys. A gentleman through and through.
    Presumably he'd want the film to be made, at least if he thought it was going to be any good.

But yeah, Millar's behaviour does seem a bit sloppy; he often boasts about how his co-creators get 50% of the profits, but profitable can anything be if it's only half-done?

It's hard to believe, especially lately, that his scripts take that long to write. Perhaps if he spent less time promoting his stuff on the internet and more on actually putting forehead to keyboard, or however he works ... but let's face it, until some unforseen act of God, or the bank manager, persuades him that he has to mend his ways, it's not going to happen. He's having far too good a time just f***ing about at the moment.
    Last edited by Ian Coke; 04-06-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast