Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stadium Comics Hold Press Conference Over Decision To Ally With The X-Men In AVX

Administrator

Default Stadium Comics Hold Press Conference Over Decision To Ally With The X-Men In AVX

Stadium Comics of Ontario, Canada have held a press conference over their decision which side to take in the upcoming Avengers Vs X-Men series.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23EG58F1yq8[/youtube]
    Here is that statement in full;

Hi everyone. I have a short, prepared statement - after which I will open the floor to questions. First off, I want to thank members of the local and national media for attending today, as well as members of the local, provincial, and federal governments.

The Phoenix Force is racing towards Earth. It is thought that this force seeks out Hope Summers, the Mutant Messiah, as its new host. The X-Men wish to prepare Hope for this eventuality. The X-Men believe that this signifies the the re-emergence of the mutant species, while The Avengers are currently trying to bring Miss Summers in, and place her in protective custody.

The battle lines have been drawn in the sand, and it seems we are headed for unavoidable conflict. Comic shops all over the world are being forced to choose sides. We have been receiving calls non-stop from the public, as well as from all levels of government. They want to know where our shop stands.

We at Stadium Comics are here to announce today, that we will be siding with the X-Men.

Rob, Ricky, Ian and I strongly believe in our mutant friends that have for too long been forced into exile on the island of Utopia. We believe they are best equipped to deal with the safety and stewardship of Miss Summers, as well as any potential dangers that may accompany the arrival of the Phoenix Force.

As well, we feel that the Avengers do not speak for this world, and we are tired of them imposing their will and judgement on other nations, humanity, and mutant kind.

We encourage all comic shops, citizens of Brampton, the nation of Canada, and the world to join us in our support of the X-Men team. Thank you, I'll now open the floor to questions.

Ha, nice!
    Good to see a sense of fun.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

heck, I live about an hr away from Brampton, does that mean I've been drafted?

Wrote the Book on Cool

Good to see someone exited about this!
    3/7/12
    1) animal man#7
    2) avengers: the childrens crusade#9
    3) avengers academy#27
    4) swampthing#7
    5) uncanny x-men#8

Exceedingly Cool

I wish my retailer did something as cool as that! He did side with the X-Men, but that's mainly because there's no contest between which side sells as he only orders half the amount of total issues of Avengers than he does with X-Men.

Yawn.

10 char

Banned

Uhmm, what "comic shops all over the world" (aside from this one) are choosing sides? The one I work at surely isn't. And neither are any of the others in our chain either.

In my shop, we are pretty pro-DC/indy, anyway. So perhaps this shop is pro-Marvel, otherwise I can't see what all the hooplah is about. Just another Marvel event that's gonna stretch on till the end of the year, & is gonna take up a whole buncha space on the shelves, like Fear Itself is still doing.

Yeah, I'm good.

Ha, nice!
    Good to see a sense of fun.
    Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!
    We like to be silly when we can. Where's the fun in being a boring ol' run-of-the mill comic shop?
    Last edited by StadiumComics; 03-19-2012 at 07:00 PM.
    Our Website: http://www.stadiumcomics.com
    Check out our Youtube Channel for weekly webshows like "Unboxing Wednesdays" and "Previews Reviews"!
    http://www.youtube.com/StadiumComics

heck, I live about an hr away from Brampton, does that mean I've been drafted?
    Yes. Report for duty, soldier!
    Our Website: http://www.stadiumcomics.com
    Check out our Youtube Channel for weekly webshows like "Unboxing Wednesdays" and "Previews Reviews"!
    http://www.youtube.com/StadiumComics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast