Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No More Heroes Is A Hit... With The Pirates

Administrator

Default No More Heroes Is A Hit... With The Pirates

A week ago, Bleeding Cool featured a small press superhero comic with gumption, No More Heroes by Gordon Mclean, who had used his last pay cheque after being made redundant to fund it.

And it was a hit... especially with pirates. A few days later, the comic had been downloaded 1600 times through Demonoid alone, ranking alongside Batman and The Walking Dead. Gordon Mclean writes
    "This has blown my mind, to be honest. I knew we?d made a good comic, but to see it become so popular so quickly is crazy. I would?ve loved those 1600 sales, don?t get me wrong, but I?ve decided to take it as a really positive thing that so many people want to read No More Heroes and word of mouth has been so good. The goal has always been to attract a publisher for our comic and we hope this proves there?s an audience out there for it."
    On the Demonoid site, the nature of the creation has been noted by the comments.
    If ever there were a "Buy it if you like it" comic, this would probably be it. Dude used his last pay check to do this comic.
    More details on the comic can be found here.

Perhaps they ought to set up a Paypal so that people who've already downloaded it can reimburse the people who made it.

EDIT - just checked and they're selling it as a PDF for 1. Come on guys, just buy the damn thing.

Exceedingly Cool

You have to be some kind of tight to not buy the damn thing for a 1. That's, what, 80c US. Cheapass pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by TF_Loki View Post
    You have to be some kind of tight to not buy the damn thing for a 1. That's, what, 80c US. Cheapass pirates.
    That's an optimistic view of the strength of the USD. 1 GBP = 1.56 USD.
    Your comment still stands though.

Consultant of Cool

With pricing like this (1 GBP) this is kinda sad. Just dropped a whopping $1.61 on this book based on the premise and the background of the project.

Quote Originally Posted by TF_Loki View Post
    Actually it's about double that: 1≈$1.6.
    Anyway, he should have motion, sounds and 3d in his digital comic. That is the way people want their digital comics these days, hasn't he heard? And he can distribute it through Demonoid's new app, Infinite Demonoid AR and charge $4.99 for it or something...
    ShadowMax prefers Valiant comics. The choice of the brave.

Dean of Cool University fredmanson's Avatar

I have ordered my two printed copies!!! And I have not downloaded them!!!

Frankly, it is really cheap for a digital comic book. As well for the printed ones.

To Try And Buy, OK. To Pirate And To Not Pay, I am not OK.
    R.I.P. Toena (2001-2013)

Singles: Image Comics, Black Mask Comics, Mignola Verse, Aliens Verse, The Bunker, After Life, 2000 AD, Judge Dredd Meg

Disclaimer: I'm not buying or downloading the comic because it doesn't interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    EDIT - just checked and they're selling it as a PDF for 1. Come on guys, just buy the damn thing.
    Is there a reason why they're selling it as a PDF and not a CBR? Just curious, since they already know it's out there as a CBR.

EDIT: I ask because I have bought PDF's before...from the old mypulllist.com site...and they're always inferior to a good, ol' CBR file.
    Last edited by Static-Pulse; 03-11-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Must have missed the story last week since I've been on vacation and just skimming stories during the time.
    This looks interesting. I just bought a pdf from his site. Wish him the best with it. He's getting it out there and hopefully good word of mouth will help him get picked up for print here in the states.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Static-Pulse View Post
    Is there a reason why they're selling it as a PDF and not a CBR? Just curious, since they already know it's out there as a CBR.
    Yeah, kinda confused by that too. It's at least as easy to make a CBR or CBZ as it is to make a PDF, and PDF is definitely not the preferred format.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast