Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brightest Day Spoilers You Will Kill Yourself Over If You Read

Blog Editing Robot BC Blog Editor's Avatar

Default Big Brightest Day Spoilers You Will Kill Yourself Over If You Read

I warned you.

After all, DC are not like Marvel. They don't like to spoil their big comics news stories in the local rags a few days previously, they like you to get a big surprise by picking up the comic, on the stands and then flicking to the last page. That's tradition.

So it would be a terrible thing for me to mention that yesterday I had an e-mail from a very excited West Coaster telling me that they'd just briefly glanced at the new Brightest Day, out tomorrow, and had discovered that (highlight the following space to spoil yourself) "The White Lantern is the Swamp Thing! And he introduces himself saying "I am Alec Holland!!!!!!".

Bit I also received a visual from another source this morning of the last page, reproduced below, from someone equally excited, which clarifies and corrects some of the above.

Well I suppose it is nice to have it in black and white. And possibly green.

At Wondercon, Dan DiDio talked about such plans as happening in the near future. Well, I suppose Wednesday is pretty near...

And there's one more issue to follow of course! Scheduled in and around a certain international day of celebration...

Exceedingly Cool

Goodbye Cruel World!

VP in Charge of Cool Kevin T Brown's Avatar

Had a feeling....

Brilliant.

Swampy was only ever at his best when he was part of the DCU.

Now, an ongoing series, please!
    "Flippin' 'eck, Tucker!"

Zen Master of Cool

Why! Why did i click on the link????

Consultant of Cool

Is Brightest Day really any good? After a few straight years of LOOOOOONNNNNGGGG mini's , I couldn't take it anymore and quit about 7 or 8 issues into it. I think DC needs to rethink the year-long mini's at this point, kind of give them a break.

I'd rather be reading the China Mieville Vertigo book that got shitcanned so they could do this. Ho hum...

If you said 'Milwaukee', you are CORRECTAMUNDO!

But according to Moore's run on Swamp Thing, which was set firmly in the DC Universe, didn't he establish that Alec Holland and Swamp Thing are two separate entities? Alec had supposedly been dead and in Heaven ever since the first issue of the 1970s series and Swamp Thing was simply using Alec's brain template, kind of like a Wonder Man / Vision sort of thing, only more organic (quite literally). I'll be interested to see if this is addressed or if all bets are off now that DC's superhero stories are taking place on the post-Infinite Crisis -- and still ill-defined -- "New Earth".

I would guess DC did not alert the news as the reaction of almost everyone would be that of the guy with the red and white costume.

Dean of Cool University fredmanson's Avatar

Wow!!! That's a news!!!!
    And it's great because I want to start to read the GL adventures!!!
    What a great opportunity for a new reader!!!

Now, an ongoing for The SwampThing and all is OK for me!!!!

[Off topic] Do the GL animated First Flight is based on the "real" DCU story or is a reboot? I just bought the DVD and I need to know. Thanks!! [/Off topic]
    R.I.P. Toena (2001-2013)

Singles: Image Comics, Black Mask Comics, Mignola Verse, Aliens Verse, The Bunker, After Life, 2000 AD, Judge Dredd Meg

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast