Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloggers In Refrigerators

Bleeding Cool

Rich, you better shave off your mutton chops so Ron Marz doesn't pop you in them (ew).

Exceedingly Cool

Obviously a joke. Get a hobby, Marz.

Lest we forget, Richard, the New World cannot joke about their wallets.
    Coming at you LIVE on the tele from the middle east but still missing my LCS, Darkstar in Farnborough.

Dean of Cool University fredmanson's Avatar

Rich, rich, rich... You are Awesome!!!!!

Authors at these Cons know that a not so small percentage of so called "fans" are waiting a free sketch to sale it after on the Bay. Why do they simply forbidden them on a backboard and authorise them on a comic book blank cover, with the name of the fan written on it??

Hey!!!! If these great Cons were not so expensives for fans, this problem wouldn't occure. Isn't it? F*cking american mind to take money everywhere... Long lives to the UK Cons!!!! And French ones too!!!!

And now, the most important question: Ron who????

Quote Originally Posted by Ron "Fucktard" Marz
    That jackass rumor monger is advising SDCC goers to get free sketches from artists, then sell them on E-bay. It's a dick move, don't do it.
    ...So, the Fucktard is now telling his fellow artists not to give out free sketches to fans. I'm surprised he didn't tell everyone to charge a minimum of $20.00 USD for a basic sketch. Of course, if he had, I'd have had Rich get a decent artist to sketch Marz getting stuffed in a fridge. Or, better still, getting a fridge stuffed up his arse!

So, who would be the perfect artist who'd do this for the $20? Rich can pay and I'll send him the money guaranteed. He can keep the original, I just want the digital copy so I can have an excuse to break out the old, obsolete SummaJet, fire up the black carts, scale the image up in Photoslop, and create myself a nice D-size poster for my wall. Would be almost as much fun as a Ron Marz dart board.

Whatabout it, Richard? Care to go in with me on this?

Quote Originally Posted by The G View Post
    Who is Ron Marz ?
    ...Here's his Wikipedia article. Note that some catamitic Wikinazi calling himself "Nightscream" has been vandalizing the article, removing most of the sourced information regarding Marz and the Emerald Twilight debacle. I've reverted the page back to its pre-vandalized state, but I'd advise reading it *now* before the little choad reverts it back.

I gave up and told Ron if he did try and punch me,
    ...Oh wowzers. It seems Marz is taking dipshit lessons from Mark Waid on how to threaten anyone who disagrees with you. That being said, all that needs to be said to Marz are the following four words:

Fuck. Off. And. Die.

Nope. I wouldn't give Marz the same deal I gave Waid in '94 in that he could have the first punch. Fake leg, bionics right squarely in his balls. Let's see him hide that with his mythical magic bonus checks.

Quote Originally Posted by arnoch View Post
    "It was meant as a light hearted piece, commenting more on the modern cost of comic conventions,talking up a few interesting items along the way, and looking at the mindset of people who are motivated by swag."

---what a lie. LIAR.

"a poorly worded joke"

---an apt description of your life, Rich!!
    ...Ron Marz, is that you? Or just the barrow boy you've hired to run your sycophant club?
    Last edited by _OM_; 07-19-2010 at 05:01 AM.
    -------

Wrote the Book on Cool

Hmmmm... I wonder if those 4 words were meant as a joke... Always on top of thing, OM, eh? ^_^

Exceedingly Cool

If you need a body guard, I wouldn't mind getting an in, to Comic Con. I'd like to reach nerd mecca once in my life. I can't even afford Heroes Con and I live 4 hours away.

Also. OM that Waid story sounds mighty interesting. Mind sharing details?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Gordon Scratch View Post
    Hmmmm... I wonder if those 4 words were meant as a joke... Always on top of thing, OM, eh? ^_^
    ...In this case, they're *not* a joke. Note that no methodology was specified other than the action he should take before achieving his demise. All he has to do is fuck off in the "get the hell out of here" definition, and I'll leave his demise to his own preferred methods. Hence my not adding "As Painfully As Possible", although I suspect he'll do himself in on paper cuts from those mythological, legendary royalty checks for crap books that he wields like a sword and a shield.

Also. OM that Waid story sounds mighty interesting. Mind sharing details?
    ...Rich deleted the long story one, but the nutshell version is that I told Waid just prior to the first Legion reboot after the Five Year Crap was not the way to go, and that if he couldn't come up with a way to save the book without wiping everything and starting over, then he should do the right thing and give the book to someone who had the skills to achieve this. He got rather pissed and then vowed that if he ever me t me in person, he'd "bash my nose". He may have gotten a slap from AOHell for "abusive posting", because he dropped any and all discussion of the threat or the whole reboot issue right after that. Most people who were in that first reboot fallout are convinced that "Threeboot" was done deliberately to piss all of us off again.
    Last edited by _OM_; 07-19-2010 at 05:10 AM.
    -------

You are a very angry man OM!

Very Cool

Default Seriously People

If you believe Rich to be a liar, you did not read the piece. Have you read anything else he has done in a build up to San Diego and it's costs? By acknowledging the practice is enough to get people to incite a riot, but that's what Rich does. He brings to light practices that are common place, but not to the mass of regular, purchasing comic book fans. Ebay is real, people buy and sell. Can we not talk about it in the least, satire or not? Notice how the piece builds from least to most ridiculous. Despite what some people try to claim, Rich is a good and thoughtful writer. He obviously is good enough for people to always read what he does (though in Marz's case, doesn't read it thoroughly). Look at all the past Lying in the Gutters over the years in anticipation for Comic-Con. Then read the "5 Ways to Pay for San Diego" and justify your half-thought stances. And that includes commenters on here. I side with Rich, and usually do. He brings to light the true nature of this business. (Physical threatening and all.)

Default rich you're a liar

Have your little fanboys protect you here, but every professional thinks you are a joke. Watch your back Rich. Watch your back.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast