Thread: Wizard Makes It A Dozen - Nashville Comic Con And On

Administrator

Default Wizard Makes It A Dozen - Nashville Comic Con And On

Gareb Shamus has bought the ten year old Nashville Comic & Horror Festival and has renamed it Nashville Comic Con Wizard World Convention for later this year.

This marks the twelth announced Wizard World branded Comic Con in 2010. Existing show organiser Marc Ballard will, as now expected, continue to work on the show. Ballard also sold his Cincinnatti Comic Anime Con to Shamus....

Banned

*chuckles*

Man, he hasn't been to the Nashville Comic and Horror festival, and it shows. This is a con I didn't think people would BOTHER to buy. Whole thing is an over glorified dealerroom.

This was the one I was actually hoping he would be stupid enough to buy. It will make for a better show, which does not say a whole lot for the people running the former incarnation of the Nashville show.

Now maybe we will see announced guests actually attend, not have to worry about having our kids getting scared by the spookhouse jerks while looking at comics, and not deal with the livestock and dog show smells next door.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    *chuckles*

Man, he hasn't been to the Nashville Comic and Horror festival, and it shows. This is a con I didn't think people would BOTHER to buy. Whole thing is an over glorified dealerroom.
    ...The question is whether or not the population within a 100 mile radius of the con contains enough literate people who'd buy enough tickets to at least break even on the rental rates for the convention hall.
    -------

How does Wizard make money with the "barter"?