Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Football (soccer)

Default Football (soccer)

Speaking as an Arsenal fa... follower (s'bin a year and a half since I attended); I get the distinct feeling that we're about to be tonked by Chelsea today.

I also don't buy any of this 'can't buy class' bullshit ... Chelsea now have a transfer embargo, if anything this should strengthen (and looks like it has, to be fair) the resolve of an already resilient and well moulded squad. They play well as a unit .. there's a reason why they're at the top.

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Man_Moon View Post
    Speaking as an Arsenal fa... follower (s'bin a year and a half since I attended); I get the distinct feeling that we're about to be tonked by Chelsea today.

I also don't buy any of this 'can't buy class' bullshit ... Chelsea now have a transfer embargo, if anything this should strengthen (and looks like it has, to be fair) the resolve of an already resilient and well moulded squad. They play well as a unit .. there's a reason why they're at the top.

Arsenal fan here too, not looking forward to today at all, esp with Van Persie out for 5 months

ugh
    ŻŻŻ
    ---
    ___

We look so bad in recent weeks. The only thing that makes me confident is the fact that we can still win while looking horrible. The next month will be crucial.

let's hope Drog and the rest of the guys return earlier than expected from Angola without any injuries. Ivory Coast looked rather uninspiring in their first game ... couldn't be happier if they keep on losing points.

our point collection until mid-February will determine if we are getting the Premiership again.

I couldn't care less for the CL .... give me the premiership and the FA cup and i will be a happy fan.

the Saturday game against Sunderland is tougher than it is supposed to be. First real game without the African-gang. Fingers crossed we maintain a clean sheet and get a few past their keeper. We might need the goal difference this year by May.
    CHELSEA ABOVE ALL !!!!

Stamford Bridge SW6

I reckon it's still you guys or MU for the title, but it's nice to be considered (yes, I'm playing supporting a team like a liberal film star)...

Consultant of Cool

I reckon it's still you guys or MU for the title, but it's nice to be considered (yes, I'm playing supporting a team like a liberal film star)...
    Don't give up hope, Arsenal played some fantastic football today

Aw, but it's nice to pretend to be meek, I guess I could go for the footballing equivalent ... "looks like they're just taking it one game at a time..."

Consultant of Cool

Aw, but it's nice to pretend to be meek, I guess I could go for the footballing equivalent ... "looks like they're just taking it one game at a time..."
    Given the fact Arsenal have won bugger all in 5 years I've given up on winning anything anyway :/ but 5 wins, 2 draws is pretty darned good.

Arsenal are into the title race after all. Maybe they won't last the whole distance like in recent years but they can inflict a lot of pressure to Chelsea in particular because everyone in the team thought them "dead" after the 0-3 in Highbury but they are back and they could be on top this Wednesday provided they beat Bolton by 2 goals (easy task if you ask me). I know Chelsea will have a game in hand but we DO have to win it in the first place.

The way the top 3 teams are playing i reckon Chelsea has the edge since guys like Lamps,Ashley, Ivanovic and Anelka seem to be picking up the pace week after week.

Essien being injured in the Ghana practice could be a real setback but i am keeping my hopes high that they'll lose their next game in the African Nations Cup and he'll get back to London sooner than expected.

I just wish Drog's Mighty Elephants had a similar fate but they are through already and he is not getting back soon.

anyway ... serving 7 goals without our African players was not in plan so maybe we are not in THAT much trouble. The matches we have in January are not the toughest bunch so we could easily get passed our recent crisis even without Drog and Essien.

10 days till our next league game ... plenty of time for Carlo to prepare the team for another good performance.

cannot remember when was the last time Chels passed a team 7 goals .... Tromso in '97 maybe? Spurs came close in '97 too with that 1-6 in Three Point Lane.
    CHELSEA ABOVE ALL !!!!

Stamford Bridge SW6

This headline scared the shit out of me for a second:
    Arsenal appoint Kinnear as Marketing Director

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast