Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: Review: All New X-Men 1 by Brian Bendis and Stuart Immonen

Quote Originally Posted by botc76 View Post
    It's not that I dislike the new Hawkeye book, but considering he broke up with his wife because she let her rapist/ slaver fall to his death, because he was so convinced that a hero should never take a life or let someone die, I still find it hard to swallow that Clint tries to kill somebody. Be it Osborn or a tyrannical Cyclops. Yes, people do change, but somehow I don't see Hawkeyes transformation as not being very convincing. Well, almost as unconvincing as Cyke turning into a paramilitary leader, terrorist and then a dictator killing Prof X.
    Haven't you heard? In order for a hero to be "KEWL" and popular said hero has to (a) become a killer like Wolverine and the Punisher and (b) be just like his movie version. I should also remind you that past established comic book continuity doesn't matter or count. Only the movie continuity counts and the comics should always follow the movies since the movies have gotten it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Shinn View Post
    I remember getting to the end of X-Force #116 the first issue of the Milligan/Allred run and being genuinely surprised that the majority of the team had been wiped out in the first issue.
    How DARE you spoil the end of that story 12 years and multiple reprints after the fact!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    Haven't you heard? In order for a hero to be "KEWL" and popular said hero has to (a) become a killer like Wolverine and the Punisher and (b) be just like his movie version. I should also remind you that past established comic book continuity doesn't matter or count. Only the movie continuity counts and the comics should always follow the movies since the movies have gotten it right.
    Good. Goooooood. The Mighty Marvel Mind-Control subliminal messages in the comics and the movies are working...
    Rootfireember and botc76 like this.

Dean of Cool University paulski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    True true im not getting it either way
    Me neither. Fool me once, shame on Bendis. Fool me 65 times, well, I think I've learned my lesson by now...
    DJ_Convoy, Cavemold and DarthEwok like this.

Wrote the Book on Cool Revolutionary Cyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pop-Tart Samson View Post
    It's like Putin, Medvedev, and Russia. Who's actually calling the shots?

(If you don't get that, go read a book!)
    Do you need to read that book if you can see Russia from your house?

Captain Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H. View Post
    Uncanny Avengers #1 didn't grab me, but recently Saga #1 and Revival #1 both did.
    Same here. I'll personally add Mind the Gap #1 and Debris #1 to that list. It can be done, getting my full attention in the space of one issue, and I am really glad when it happens.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H. View Post
    Good. Goooooood. The Mighty Marvel Mind-Control subliminal messages in the comics and the movies are working...
    It's easy to mock, but is Blade being entirely unreasonable when he suggests that Wolverine and the Punisher are little more than ill-disguised shills for the US armed forces?

'I'm the best, at what I do.'

'But what is it you do?'

'I slice mothers up, real tasty.'

'I see ...'
    Last edited by Ian Coke; 11-11-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary Cyke View Post
    Good for you, but you clearly are a minority. Even Marvel has admitted he was right (although Breevort of course tried to spin it as "that was the plan all along").
    No, I'm not "clearly" in the minority just because you tell me so. Marvel's official statements on what was intended does not change what was on the printed page.

Wrote the Book on Cool Revolutionary Cyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hdefined View Post
    No, I'm not "clearly" in the minority just because you tell me so. Marvel's official statements on what was intended does not change what was on the printed page.
    Just chill, dude.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary Cyke View Post
    Just chill, dude.
    I love new guys.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast