Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Is The Hulk Instrumental To The Marvel Movieverse Phase 3? Is His Own Movie On The Cards?

Administrator

Default Is The Hulk Instrumental To The Marvel Movieverse Phase 3? Is His Own Movie On The Cards?

If they're wrong then it won't matter, but if Latino Review have it right, then they've just managed to spoil rather a lot about the Marvel Movieverse during phases two and three.

They published this video overnight that, inbetween showmanship and a little bit of silliness, might have deeply spoiled some of Marvel's big, big plans for The Hulk.

I'll bullet point the big news below the clip for you.

• At the end of Avengers 2, The Hulk is going to be sent to space. This is either in the third act or, possibly, after the credits.
    • It will be the Movieverse version of The Illuminati who do this. And they'll do it because they deem The Hulk a terrible threat - so expect to see how and why he's so dangerous.
    • Then, in Phase 3, this will be paid off with The Hulk's standalone movie, adapting Planet Hulk.This was Greg Pak's comics story in which The Hulk becomes a gladiator and then a King on an alien planet.
    • The Hulk will then return to earth for Avengers 3 which will draw on World War Hulk, another Pak run which sees Big Green coming back for revenge after his banishment.
    Okay, we're so far out that it's going to take a very long time for anything like confirmation, or even hints of confirmation, to bubble up.

For now - and by now I mean the next eighteen months if not over two years, until Avengers 2 unspools - we can only treat this as gossip and rumour and fuel for the fanfire.

"I give this an amber light," as Rich might say.

Wrote the Book on Cool

If they do World War Hulk, they should get Val Kilmer to play Sentry
    Rootfireember likes this.

Well, Latino Review hasn't been wrong in the past, right?

OBTW, ads for "Smash" seem out of place with this site's audience.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Hate to bring age into this but how old is the Hulk in the comics? The actor that plays the Hulk is going to be just over 50 by the time Avengers 3 comes out. Should we kind of expect that Avengers 3 will be the end of the first Marvelverse before actor age requires reboots?
    Rootfireember likes this.

Dean of Cool University Maniacmatt's Avatar

Planet Hulk would be entirely CGI if they did it, which makes me think they won't. And WWH wouldn't work as a movie simply because of its story structure. It's made as a story to exist within a fully realized MU. That doesn't work when pretty much all they have is the Avengers. Who would the Illuminati be? They can't even use Mr. fantastic of Prof. X and they've only introduced one of the ones they can use so far. They'd not only have to introduce Namor, The Inhumans, Black Panther along with the already confirmed Dr. Strange, but also have a believable reason for them to come together in the shadows that quickly. That idea only works within the framework of a universe that's existed for a while and all the characters know of each other well enough to form that kind of group.

Tom

Red light. Too expensive. They could hardly afford much of Hulk on screen as it is. Hulk in space for a whole movie just isn't going to work.

Plus the whole Planet Hulk thing is vastly overrated...

Bleeding Cool

No chance that any of this is remotely true.

Wrote the Book on Cool

They would have to seriously change the Illuminati for this to work, or buy back their own rights to some of their characters. The FF and the X-Men aren't part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe at the moment.

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

Not that it's impossible, but like others have pointed out, the movie would be extremely expensive to make and the Illuminat? I can't even think of who could be in this group when it comes to the (connected) Marvel movieverse.

Well, if they really go with Pak's storylines, it will be interesting to see how Bendis worms his way into the film production somehow.
    Clavius likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Coke View Post
    I am not Sting on a binge.
    Superman or Batman?
    Kat Dennings: Yeah, they are DC. I hate both of them.

"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes."

-Walt Whitman

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast