Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Cobie Smulders Getting Set To Bring Maria Hill To SHIELD TV Show

Administrator

Default Cobie Smulders Getting Set To Bring Maria Hill To SHIELD TV Show

I don't know if the timing precludes her from being in the pilot episode or not but Cobie Smulders says she's sticking with SHIELD:
    Thee commitments to [How I Met Your Mother] don?t affect it and I can?t really say but there are definite talks about it...I?m very excited. I will do Maria Hill until they fire me and hire someone else to do it.
    Smulders also told I Am Rogue that her shooting dates for theCaptain Americasequel are set for:
    some time in March or June...I?ve seen parts of [the script] but yeah I don?t know much. This is Marvel! They don?t let you know anything.
    And yet they plan so far into the future. I wonder if all this secret knowledge ever makes Kevin Feige cackle in glee?

I'd love to see Cobie cropping up on SHIELD, she's fab.

Coulson and Hill makes it two of the movie agents on the TV show now.I'm still not sure that Coulson will have actually survived The Avengers, so I'm also not sure how many episodes of the show they'll be using him in.

Of course, none of us should be sure that there will even be more than one episode, but I think we can be "almost sure." "Sure adjacent."

I guess they'll also have some space for Titus Welliver andMaximiliano Hern?ndez somewhere down the line too, but the success of SHIELD on TV is obviously going to depend on the new characters taking hold on the audience.

Thankfully, they've got somebody writing and directing the pilot with a proven track record in creating TV characters that audiences take right to their heart. I hope the SHIELD cast ready for their lives to suddenly get pumped full of fan adoration and Con appearance chaos.

Wrote the Book on Cool

I'm sure the world's Maria Hill fans are very happy about this announcement. All three of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Diddilo View Post
    I'm sure the world's Maria Hill fans are very happy about this announcement. All three of them.
    Hang on, there's more than three Marvel 'architects'. Do you mean to say that some of them don't like her?
    Bangladesh likes this.

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    I'm still not sure that Coulson will have actually survived The Avengers, so I'm also not sure how many episodes of the show they'll be using him in.
    If the show goes to series, seeing as how he's a member of the main cast, I'd imagine he's going to be in nearly every episode. In what capacity is anybody's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by kenny38606 View Post
    If the show goes to series, seeing as how he's a member of the main cast, I'd imagine he's going to be in nearly every episode. In what capacity is anybody's guess.
    Head in jar.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by kenny38606 View Post
    Who says he's a member of the main series cast?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Flair View Post
    Head in jar.

Wouldn't say no.

Zen Master of Cool

To me the biggest thing about the show is that it's on ABC. ABC is much friendlier than Fox when it comes to serialized storytelling. Should be night and day from Joss' last few shows.

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    Who says he's a member of the main series cast?
    Well, since the "death" in the film was announced off camera and Fury lied about Phil having his Captain America cards on hum when he "died", we can assume that Coulson made a full recovery. Since his character is available and popular and he's a working actor, there's no reason for Clark Gregg [B]not[B] to be a member of the main series cast.

Dean of Cool University FilmBuffRich's Avatar

There are a lot of parrallel's between Maria Hill and Smulders' HIMYM character of Robin.

1. They are both tough gals.

2. They both know how to shoot guns.

3. I believe that Maria Hill has a secret past as a Canadian teen pop idol. (And heaven help us all, if Toy Stark ever finds out...)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by jackmurphy1969 View Post
    Well, since the "death" in the film was announced off camera and Fury lied about Phil having his Captain America cards on hum when he "died", we can assume that Coulson made a full recovery. Since his character is available and popular and he's a working actor, there's no reason for Clark Gregg [B]not[B] to be a member of the main series cast.
    Unless he is dead.

See, I'd say there's no reason to assume that he IS a member of the main series cast. We just don't know.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast