Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Guardians Of The Galaxy Video

Administrator

Default Guardians Of The Galaxy Video

Melissa Stetten is a model, a columnist for Vice, a Mega Millions non-winner and - if this audition tape sees her through - the star of Guardians of the Galaxy, the Marvel movie being directed by her boyfriend, James Gunn.

Except... well, you'll see. This is definitely worth a quick watch, even if only to get marginally closer to Gunn's mindset, by association.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xqvHaLMNsg[/youtube]

I'm not about to go into full-onBrian Presley modebut that was certainly attention grabbing. Or, to put it another way - this video does what it was meant to do.

Here's a good exchange from the comments section:

I wonder when the real Gamora casting stories will start? Seem to be along time coming...

*asshole-ish comment on how she's no Jeanna Fischer*

"fuck you Groot" was amusing

Somewhere, Rob Zombie took James Gunn to the side and warned him to not to put his non-acting girlfriend in any movie, because he'll have to put her in everything he'll ever do from now on.

Melissa is actually a cool chick with a dark sense of humor. She's no Gamora though.

Wrote the Book on Cool ThatNickGuy's Avatar

This is terrible. I don't mean just in a "This isn't Gamora" terrible, but she's just terrible in general. She honestly comes across as just annoying, especially where every pose is "angry stereotypical black woman" with her finger up in the air and hand on the hip. I guess this is supposed to be just a joke?
    ME! likes this.

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ThatNickGuy View Post
    This is terrible. I don't mean just in a "This isn't Gamora" terrible, but she's just terrible in general. She honestly comes across as just annoying, especially where every pose is "angry stereotypical black woman" with her finger up in the air and hand on the hip. I guess this is supposed to be just a joke?
    And you're the punchline.

I thought it was pretty funny. "Fuck you, Groot!" should definitely be in the film as well
    StarCruncher likes this.

Cool

Wow, James Gunn, I am so sorry... you poor poor man....

ouch.

.............ouch ouch

Wrote the Book on Cool

I saw this last night and remarked that it was like the worst, least comfortable moments of The Office. I can SEE that there's humor there, but I'd be mortified to actually admit I was watching it.

That said, for Gamora: I tried to get a casting rumor started by baiting Paget Brewster into saying she was going to e-mail Gunn for the job in an interview, but it didn't take.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast