Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Here's One Classic Mutant Who Isn't Set For X-Men: Days Of Future Past

Administrator

Default Here's One Classic Mutant Who Isn't Set For X-Men: Days Of Future Past

Bryan Singer may have lined up repeat appearances from Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart in his next X-Men movie, not to mention the First Class cast, don't expect to see all key players from across the franchise to have Days of Future Past in their diaries.

Coming Soon spoke to Famke Janssen at the junket for Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters. She told them that so far - and that probably means it will stay this way - she hasn't had "the call."
    I'm sitting by the phone waiting, call me up Bryan!

...I think their challenge is that I died as Jean Grey and I died as the Phoenix, so what else can they do?. If they bring a younger version back, they'll have to get a younger actress, so what is there left to do?
    She may be fibbing, or "doing a Cotillard," but I doubt it.

Next to confirm her absence? Halle Berry, I bet. I'll be flabbergasted if she makes an appearance. As for James Marsden... well, I'd certainly like to see him back.

X-Men: Days of Future Past gets rolling this April.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    Bryan Singer may have lined up repeat appearances from Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart in his next X-Men movie, not to mention the First Class cast, don't expect to see all key players from across the franchise to have Days of Future Past in their diaries.

Coming Soon spoke to Famke Janssen at the junket for Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters. She told them that so far - and that probably means it will stay this way - she hasn't had "the call."
    I'm sitting by the phone waiting, call me up Bryan!

...I think their challenge is that I died as Jean Grey and I died as the Phoenix, so what else can they do?. If they bring a younger version back, they'll have to get a younger actress, so what is there left to do?
    She may be fibbing, or "doing a Cotillard," but I doubt it.

Next to confirm her absence? Halle Berry, I bet. I'll be flabbergasted if she makes an appearance. As for James Marsden... well, I'd certainly like to see him back.

X-Men: Days of Future Past gets rolling this April.
    Please use this to retcon X-men 3
    AMDin, jephd, Assemble! and 10 others like this.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Marsden was the worst thing in those films.
    phoenix phan and Matt Krotzer like this.

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Flair View Post
    Marsden was the worst thing in those films.
    I disagree. The characterization of Cyclops was a bad thing in the X-Films, because he was marginalized in favor of Wolverine.

James Marsden is perfectly charming and was completely wasted in the X-Flicks (see: ENCHANTED, 30 ROCK, and his Richard White... who came across as more heroic that Superman in SUPERMAN RETURNS)
    the_Dagman, BrianG, AMDin and 9 others like this.

Don't suppose anyone has even considered calling Ellen "my character was integral to dofp" Page yet have they?
    Scavenger and AMDin like this.
    stress- noun \ˈstres\

The anxiety caused when a person's mind over-rides the body's natural urge to choke the living shit out of some arsehole who deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by jephd View Post
    Don't suppose anyone has even considered calling Ellen "my character was integral to dofp" Page yet have they?
    Going and sit in the continuity corner with Xenos!
    AMDin and Comicsfan101 like this.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by n8twing View Post
    I disagree. The characterization of Cyclops was a bad thing in the X-Films, because he was marginalized in favor of Wolverine.

James Marsden is perfectly charming and was completely wasted in the X-Flicks (see: ENCHANTED, 30 ROCK, and his Richard White... who came across as more heroic that Superman in SUPERMAN RETURNS)
    I couldn't agree with this more! Marsden is an awesomely fun actor and it's damn near criminal that he's not in more stuff. His character in 30 Rock is brilliant!
    AMDin and Pop-Tart Samson like this.

Wrote the Book on Cool

To me, Jackman IS Wolverine. He captured the essence of Logan. However, while Ms. Janssen and Ms. Berry are fine actresses, I felt they left a lot on the table when it came to rendering their respective characters. I'd be alright with someone new taking up those mantles. It also wouldn't bother me if Jean Grey and Storm weren't in the next installment at all. Anything to distance the new film from X3 would be welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by jephd View Post
    Considering there's been 3 different Kitty Prydes, maybe they'll pick someone else yet again.

I still haven't seen anyone expressing any desire to see Berry return to Storm's role.

As for Janssen, I agree with the suspicion of doing a Cotillard. Fox is probably very eager to clean the X3 mess and make flagship X-Men movies again.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast