Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: The Luke Cage Movie That Quentin Tarantino And Laurence Fishburne Could Have Made

Administrator

Default The Luke Cage Movie That Quentin Tarantino And Laurence Fishburne Could Have Made

Between Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction, Quentin Tarantino approached Laurence Fishburne to see if he'd like to star in a Marvel movie. This was when the words "Marvel movie" would have filled me with dread.

Here's Tarantino, speaking to MTV:
    After Reservoir Dogs, I had considered doing a Luke Cage, Hero for Hire movie. Ed Pressman owned the rights at that time, and we talked about it. I talked to Larry Fish about being Luke Cage, and he really liked that idea. Then I ended up writing Pulp Fiction.
    All talk, no pen to paper. I'm sure had Tarantino even written one page he'd have told us about it. Still, we got Pulp Fiction and that's nothing to sniff it.

The roots of Luke Cage were in blaxploitation, and Tarantino has already drawn from that well. On the one hand, he has shown that he "gets it," on the other hand, he may feel that he's done with that genre - if it is a genre, it's arguable - and doesn't need to visit it again.

Here's a look at Fishburne in Deep Cover, the film he did make in 1992. This will give you some idea of what his Luke Cage would have looked like.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3vSlRf-T8k[/youtube]

VP in Charge of Cool Captain Comet's Avatar

Wow. Would Tarantino be as big as he is today if he had done a Luke Cage movie?
    Mad_Man_Moon likes this.

Exceedingly Cool

The lack of this film is the single biggest argument against the existence of a loving god.
    Bad or good it would have been legendary.
    mercifulbudah likes this.

Dean of Cool University Captain13's Avatar

Jackie Brown=Luke Cage w/o powers?
    Mad_Man_Moon likes this.

VP in Charge of Cool Drew Melbourne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Comet View Post
    Wow. Would Tarantino be as big as he is today if he had done a Luke Cage movie?
    Would Luke Cage be as big as he is today if Tarantino had done a Luke Cage movie? He might have gotten butterfly effected out of the Avengers, and then he never would have married Jessica Jones!

Wrote the Book on Cool CBattles6's Avatar

I'd like to know more about this mysterious "Larry Fish." According to IMDB, he was given a "Special Thanks" credit in a 2002 episode of Nova. Pretty impressive.
    CammyKnoxville likes this.

Dean of Cool University CammyKnoxville's Avatar

Larry Fish could have hired Rob Granito as an acting consultant for how Luke Cage acts;

"Alright Larry, this next take, make it more gangsta."
    mercifulbudah likes this.

Dean of Cool University

It would have been three hours long and been boring in parts.

Dean of Cool University

It would have been three hours long and been boring in parts. And possibly half of it would feature a character that no one cared about.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Glad they didn't make it considering fishburne would've been the lead role. In my opinion the man can't act

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast