Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Fox Schedule Fantastic Four, Give The 3D Treatment To Apes, X-Men And Percy Jackson

Administrator

Default Fox Schedule Fantastic Four, Give The 3D Treatment To Apes, X-Men And Percy Jackson

We already knew that The Wolverine was being post converted to 3D for its release but if there was any doubt, 20th Century Fox's press release of yesterday evening can clear that up for you.

Also set for 3D exhibition if not necessarily production are the subsequent X-Men film, Days of Future Past, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters.

There's been talk going around that Days of Future Past might shot in 48fps 3D but, far from this being official, it all stems from a single tweet Bryan Singer made after the World Premiere of The Hobbit:
    Just saw #Hobbit. Having some serious frame rate envy. Amazing and involving. Loved it! And @ianmckellen118, my friend, you are brilliant!

? Bryan Singer (@BryanSinger) November 28, 2012
    So don't bank on that just yet.

What was on Fox's official press release was a title and opening date for the new Fantastic Four film. They've slotted it in on March 6th, 2015 and will be calling it, plainly and simply, The Fantastic Four.

I suppose they could have ditched the The.

March is quite an unexpected release date for a licensed superhero picture. Perhaps they're not planning to go all-out tentpole on us. Perhaps director Josh Trank is set to deliver something just a little smaller?

Or perhaps Fox are just trying to get in, get out before the Summer of 2015 and arrival of the second Avengers, the next Star Wars, and if Warner Bros. can sort themselves out, Justice League.

That seems like a pretty far away release date from a movie that's had a director and, presumably, a script, for as long as this one has.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    What was on Fox's official press release was a title and opening date for the new Fantastic Four film. They've slotted it in on March 6th, 2015 and will be calling it, plainly and simply, The Fantastic Four.

I suppose they could have ditched the The.
    I'm not sure if there's actually any industry or legalish requirement for it, but on the IT and accounting/reporting sides it makes life one Hell of a lot easier when movies have unique names, as in 'Avengers Assemble' vs the pre-extant 'The Avengers'...

Cheers

Exceedingly Cool Ferb Morgendorffer's Avatar

I could see TFF not just sticking closer to the 616 origin, as in using Mole Man to go for "Superheroes At The Center Of The Earth" to set it apart from the past two. Doom would be the sequel with either/both some mentions by Reed and Ben or a flashback/home movie cameo.

Whatever the case the mixed reaction - financially successful (but not spectacularly so) movies met with critical and fan disdain - is another reason for going early-Summer season, though not as big as a one as avoiding the nuclear dogfight that will go on months later between the other movies.

Dean of Cool University

This may be the date where both marvel/disney and fox agreed on. With it being 2 months before avengers, there may be some avengers promotion attached to it to help sales.

Wrote the Book on Cool

4/4/14 is a Friday. Good job missing that one, Fox. Just give it back to Marvel already.
    The Valeyard, Roman, TGC and 1 others like this.

Wrote the Book on Cool Timber-Munki's Avatar

Just don't **** up Doctor Doom by tying his origin into the origin of the Fantastic Four.

Doom is the epitome of the self-made man. Everything about him is about doing stuff on his own be it the construction of his armour, running your own country as a dictatorship, his massive ego or mastering both science and magic through his ferocious intellect.

I can see how his costume would be a headache to a real-life film production if you're not at the top of your game design-wise it would come across as a tad clunky but it has to look man-made by an individual, not a cliched sci-fi futurism style - Doom has no time for the vagaries of design fashions.

Very Cool

WATCHMEN and 300 were March Releases. Sin City was April 1.

Zen Master of Cool Devil Dinosaur's Avatar

Wouldn't be nice if Fox stops fucking up Marvel movies? I'm really hoping that in five years Mark Millar isn't giving interviews, saying "They didn't listen to me!"
    Peter J Poole likes this.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Let's just hope there's no Mr. Fantastic dancing in this one
    Dave Elliott likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast