Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Devil Dinosaur
  • 2 Post By Blackfist

Thread: A Little Peek Into The Mandarin's Evil Plan From Iron Man 3

Administrator

Default A Little Peek Into The Mandarin's Evil Plan From Iron Man 3

Iron Man 3 has wrapped its Wilmington shoot and the local press in North Carolina have profiled the big movie production that was. The thrust of the Star News report is that theIron Manmovie was a keenly sought gig for the state, but now it's done, they've provided their services and shown how competitive they are.

Somewhere in the middle of the story, however, is an interesting detail of what The Mandarin and his Ten Rings terrorist circles will be up to in the next instalment. It's something a little surprising too, given... well, given something going on elsewhere in Hollywood right now, but I won't go any further this side of the spoiler warning.

Turn back now, cowards.

One of the local business to make a significant contribution to the film were Master Craftsmen Services, a furniture restoration company who:
    created nearly 10 different set pieces for the film. Designers there upholstered furniture for billionaire playboy Stark's mansion, including a bed, sofas, chaise lounges, ottomans and chairs.
    If that was my business, I'd set up tonystarksbed.com right now, before Rich does.

They didn't just appoint the Stark pad however. One of their commissions was for some bomb fodder, set to be blown up in a strike by The Mandarin and company.
    The company, which has been restoring furniture for 15 years, also upholstered about 22 theater seats that will be digitally replicated to create an entire theater on-screen. The theater will then appear to have been bombed during a terrorist attack in Afghanistan.
    Meanwhile over at Warner Bros., The Gangster Squad is seeing a four month delay while a scene portraying an in-cinema shooting is removed and replaced.

Either Marvel and Disney have more nerve than Warner Bros. or more sense. Or do they just consider that the later release date will no longerrender the scene "too soon, too soon"?

Or maybe it's that it's a bombing, not a shooting; or - crikey - it's that the attack happens in Afghanistan and not America.

Any which way, Iron Man 3 seems to be going where Gangster Squad, for some reason, fears to tread.

Final note: While the report doesn't specifically say that the terrorist attack is the work of The Mandarin and The Ten Rings, I don't think there's another realistic candidate. Who else would it be? SHIELD?

VP in Charge of Cool Devil Dinosaur's Avatar

Those ten rings look so uncomfortable. Plus they must make it really hard to crochet.
    Rootfireember likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Dinosaur View Post
    Those ten rings look so uncomfortable. Plus they must make it really hard to crochet.
    Yeah, but it helps with your pimp slap

Bling, Bling!
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    Yeah, but it helps with your pimp slap

Bling, Bling!
    Well he'd have to be pimp to get any release because of how ugly he looks and that those rings make masturbation pretty dangerous.

To my knowledge the MPAA rating board's rather catty, and random; so what's okay to one rater may not be to the next. So they could be hedging against getting the same person to rate their film as the other.
    Ingredients: Spite, Vitriol, Lycanthropy,Mt.dew, Soylent Green, Books,Knitting, Books, Books, Arsenic, Doom, Books, Lead, OMGKITTIES, Peer-Reviewed Journals, Natural Flavor, Artificial Coloring.

Warnings: Keep out of reach of Children.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Rootfireember View Post
    To my knowledge the MPAA rating board's rather catty, and random; so what's okay to one rater may not be to the next. So they could be hedging against getting the same person to rate their film as the other.
    I don't think it has anything to do with the MPAA, more to do with the perceived public reaction to mass murder in a cinema being portrayed in a film.

Dean of Cool University

Warner released Batman, and will release Gangster Squad(which I think will flop becuase of the "controversy" no matter if the theater scene is removed). So they are closer to the incident.

Disney/Marvel has a different situation. They have a VILLIAN killing people in a theatre(via a bomb), where Gangster Squad had cops shooting in a theatre.

Exceedingly Cool

The theater seats could be for the replica of the mann's chinese theater they built in town. From what I've heard from my IM3 crew buddies the film has the Mandarin doing several scenes speaking about how America has underestimated the Chinese and that America sees them as nothing but caricatures. Going so far as toss fortune cookies at stark.

Bleeding Cool

I guess the rings give a ancient thick look. .. I wonder if they glow up :-)