Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brendon Connelly

Thread: Kick-Ass 2 Movie Is

Administrator

Default Kick-Ass 2 Movie Is

Earlier today, I pulled a quote from Mark Millar's latest interview with CBR in which he discussed Matthew Vaughn's upcoming plans, and how non-Star Warsy they are.

The same quote has now floated to the surface on a few other sites. I think it's now time for me to comment on the other point of particular interest from that interview. You know, ahead of everybody else doing so.

Millar talked quite a bit about Kick-Ass 2, and his numerous trips to the set, where he seemed to have his Eagle Eyes in:
    The set designer has built the Justice Forever headquarters for the super team that Kick-Ass joins. He's made the whole thing with such detail that there's a part based on one line I've got in the comic where Russell is making a schedule, and he worked out a whole schedule of which of the heroes would be available when. It's hanging up on a piece of paper in the kitchen of the headquarters along with a list of whole likes cream and sugar in their coffee.
    Cute as that is, it's not the most interesting part. Millar actually hits his peak when explaining how both the Hit Girl and Kick-Ass 2 comics series feed into this new, Kick-Ass 2 film.
    You can read one and not have to read the other, but when you go and see the movie, it's basically Hit-Girl for 45 minutes and then an hour of Kick-Ass 2...In Kick-Ass 2 we just saw [Red Mist] immediately as the Motherfucker, and he had his gang around him. I wanted to show in the Hit-Girlseries how that happened ?him going out there and committing the world's first super crime or him going off around the world like a bad Bruce Wayne and learning all this stuff.
    And so the first 45 minutes of the film will apparently focus on Mindy, and on Red Mist's evolution into the Melon Farmer, and then the emphasis will shift a little and we'll get into the material from Kick-Ass 2. Quite logical, of course. Interesting, though, that the Hit Girl portion only gets three quarters of the breathing space of the Kick-Ass 2 segment.

I'm sure it's not perfectly linear either, or that Jeff Wadlow's screenplay must at least throw a little more light on Dave Lizewski in those earlier sequences. As interesting as it might be for the film to have two, very distinctive halves, it's pretty rate that anybody making so openly commercial a film would try even this.

Kick-Ass 2 is set for release next June.
    saintinator likes this.

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    I'm sure it's not perfectly linear either, or that Jeff Wadlow's screenplay must at least throw a little more light on Dave Lizewski in those earlier sequences. As interesting as it might be for the film to have two, very distinctive halves, it's pretty rate that anybody making so openly commercial a film would try even this.
    And that made me realize that Tarantino would be a perfect choice for a director of this movie.

I've been enjoying the Hit Girl mini but more as a chance to visit Millar and Romita Jr's world again and less about what happens in the plot. It's really just character stuff and I can see it knocked down to basically just a big Act 1 and Kick Ass 2 as Act 2 & 3.

Very Cool

45 minutes of Hit Girl. Sounds like utter perfection!

Cool

This new take on blending the comic with the movie sounds very interesting. I am mainly excited because it will feature more Hit Girl; but I hope that the separation between stories doesn’t become distracting. I am still ecstatic to see it play out, I am so glad that a coworker at DISH introduced me to the first movie. I am not usually a fan of this style of film, but I gave it a chance and ordered it from Blockbuster @Home. With my busy schedule it helped that it was so easy to get the DVD delivered in the mail. I also love that I have the option to exchange it in the store if I can’t wait. I loved how superheroes were portrayed in the movie, and I instantly fell in love with the characters. Hit Girl had the most interesting story; I can’t wait to see how she is doing since her transition into the real world. I get the feeling that she won’t give up her crime fighting easily.