Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: A Brand New 'Spider-man In Avengers 2' Rumour For You

Robot for Front Page Blog Posts

Default A Brand New 'Spider-man In Avengers 2' Rumour For You

Based on a paparazzi shot of Amazing Spider-man star Andrew Garfield toting around a fistful of Avengers comics - Avengers comics featuring probable Avengers 2 big bad Thanos at that - UK newspaper The Daily Mail is speculating that Garfield may be appearing as Peter Parker or Spider-man or both in the 2014 Avengers sequel.

That would be in line with some hints thatAvi Arad dropped earlier this month. But itwouldalso be slightly too good to be true.

Are they right? At this stage, your guess is as good as ours. Probably better. But you have to admit, it's a nice thought.

The Mail's full story is here.

*FOLLOW-UP*

Our pal, and incidentally comic-book superstar, Jamie McKelvie just got in touch withthisdetail, which illuminates our speculation as much as it deflates our excitement.

Sony will never under any circumstances let their grubby paws spider-man to even hint that he exists in the Marvel Studios Universe

I think I recall some sort of story that said that it was possible for Spidey to appear in Avengers 2.

[instant gut reaction]
    Oh please, no. I want an "Avengers 2" and not "Spider-Man and those other guys".
    [/instant gut reaction]
    khuxford likes this.

I have no idea if it will happen, but him walking around with Avengers comics doesn't mean dick.

Zen Master of Cool

If it happens, it's probably going to be a trade-off where Avengers gets a Spider-Man cameo and Spider-Man gets a cameo from an Avenger or something. I mean, a simple "Peter Parker meets Tony Stark" cameo-scene in Spider-Man 2 could be interesting. Anything that has enough of a synergy effect (i.e. they all profit) that they'll consider it.

I think if they're really going to do Thanos and Infinity Gauntlet for Avengers 2 (or will it be 3?) the idea of getting cameos from Spider-Man, the X-men, Fantastic Four etc. would be spectacular.

Zen Master of Cool

Andrew Garfield is on record as being an actual comic book reader (shocker). So him walking around with comics does mean absolutely nothing. An actor who specifcially doesn't read comics, that's something else.
    toodoor and ME! like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Meyeraustin View Post
    No. There was almost an Oscorp building in a long-shot. That was it.
    that's the type of tease we got in I Am Legend, which pissed me off to no end by the way.

God, I had to click out of that Daily Mail link.

TOO. MUCH. "CELEBRITY".
    interwebzcasualty likes this.

VP in Charge of Cool Drew Melbourne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    Sony will never under any circumstances let their grubby paws spider-man to even hint that he exists in the Marvel Studios Universe
    Given how much money the Avengers has made, I imagine it'd be the other way around. "Why would we help promote a Sony film with our record breaking blockbuster franchise?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast