Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We Getting A Heroes For Hire Movie From Marvel?

Administrator

Default Are We Getting A Heroes For Hire Movie From Marvel?

We're probably getting a Heroes For Hire comic from Marvel this year, written by Brian Bendis, with the classic team of Luke Cage and Danny Rand, Power Man and Iron Fist - but now with Jessica Jones and her and Cage's baby as well.

Superheroes taking on paying gigs. With all the conflict of interest that brings. It's that simple.

In fact considering how much Frazer Irving art Brian Bendis was posting online before Irving was announced as the artist in Uncanny X-Men, odds are it might be drawn by Adam Hughes.

But enough about the comic, this is the film side of Bleeding Cool. In an interview with BuzzFeed, Marvel Studios' top TV fellow Jeph Loeb talked about the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon and the use of the SHIELD Team, which features Power Man And Iron Fist. He says;
    Just like we just announced Guardians of the Galaxy, we are certainly looking at the Heroes for Hire franchise which is Luke Cage and Iron Fist.
    There you go folks. From someone who should know, a Heroes For Hire movie being looked at by the big boys at Marvel Studios.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Terry Crews and Scott Adkins, not Isaiah Mustafa and Ray Park

Wrote the Book on Cool Comedian's Avatar

I think it's more likely being looked at as a television series, but I could be wrong. I'd love to see a Heroes for Hire movie. Hell, I'd be happy if there was a new Marvel movie every couple months if they could do it. Disney certainly has the ability and the universe is huge so there are so many story opportunities. Between Marvel and Star Wars, Disney could feasibly have a new movie from each universe on alternating months throughout the year and never run out of stories. Maybe every three months so they can stick some of their own franchises in there every once in a while. A movie every quarter seems like a good decision, actually.

Sweet Christmas, I hope Jeph Loeb has as little hands on involvement with this as possible.

Consultant of Cool

Origins for the pair would be a lot for one movie, but probably not substantial enough for one each. Play it with its tongue in its cheek as a chop-sockey/blaxploitation mash up and I'm on board.

Wrote the Book on Cool

I dunno as a movie it would be to limited. In a perfect world we'd see this on Showtime/HBO as one of their shows. That and have a slight tongue and cheek blaxplotation vibe to it and it would be a hit.

Consultant of Cool

In fact considering how much Frazer Irving art Brian Bendis was posting online before Irving was announced as the artist in Uncanny X-Men, odds are it might be drawn by Adam Hughes.
    He's also been doing a bunch of Brian Bolland.

...why would Adam Hughes..who basicly makes his living drawing covers featuring sexy women....draw a Powerman and Iron Fist comic...further...as he's never been known as an "action" artist...why would anyone want him to?
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.

Zen Master of Cool

I really hope this pans out. It brings a little diversity but is also different from the other superhero films out there right now.

VP in Charge of Cool

I hope it takes place in the 70's.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast