Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joss Whedon Directing SHIELD Pilot Right Now, Already Working On Scripts For Later In The Series

Administrator

Default Joss Whedon Directing SHIELD Pilot Right Now, Already Working On Scripts For Later In The Series

SHIELD has yet to be picked up as a series by ABC but... really? It can only be a matter of time.

Joss Whedon, cast and crew are currently shooting the pilot right now, in Los Angeles. Here's a nice tweet from Clark Gregg:
    Just had a costume fitting for a new show I'm doing.Man, it felt good to put on that suit.#SHIELD

? Clark Gregg (@clarkgregg) January 8, 2013
    ABC's Entertainment President Paul Lee spoke about the status of the show at the TCA Press Tour. These quotes come from EW, but I think they were said in a group situation.
    For us to have Joss Whedon not only [attached to] the show but passionate about the show, directing and writing pilot ? he?s already working on the scripts. We shot it in LA to make sure he?s free to work on it across his TV and feature life.
    They went on to verify with "a source" that Whedon is working on scripts for later in the series now, so he can turn his attention to his movie workload later in the year.

And by movie workload I mean The Avengers sequel. Oh boy, I'm glad we know he's go stamina.

We've... probably got something else to tell you about SHIELD soon. Just checking it out now. Watch this space...

Wrote the Book on Cool

All I want from this show is a flashback or time travel episode set in the 60's and involving the Jim Steranko SHIELD, establishing classic Fury as Sam Jackson's father. I need a world where both versions of that character exist, for some reason.

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by Superhans View Post
    All I want from this show is a flashback or time travel episode set in the 60's and involving the Jim Steranko SHIELD, establishing classic Fury as Sam Jackson's father. I need a world where both versions of that character exist, for some reason.
    Played by David Hasselhoff.

...Agreed. Either that, or come up with a way to have Fury, Gabe and Dum-Dum still alive and vital almost 3/4 of a century after they kicked Hitler's(*) swastika up his ass. And that includes having Sharon, Jasper, Gaff, Clay and especially the Contessa as part of the cast, all operating out of the Helicarrier(**).

(*) Sorry, but neither Godwin nor his Corollary does not apply here. Nyah.

(**) If it were up to me, the Helicarrier would be established as a refitting and refurbishment of the USS Enterprise, CVN-65. A far better fate than the scrapping she's getting, godsdammit!
    -------

Zen Master of Cool

You have one... it's called the Marvel Universe. :p
    TeekVids <-- Check out the news every Sunday

I really hope things go well for Whedon this time around *what am I talking about he just made Marvel/Disney an arse load of money of course things will go well!* i'm looking forward to seeing how this series turns out.

*At the very least probably be better then Arrow, which IMO has been average at best so far*
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.
    ― Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpanda View Post
    Played by David Hasselhoff.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Gregg pops up in an episode or two of the West Wing playing a Secret Service agent. I like to pretend he's Coulson protecting the president. Cos I'm so cool...
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by _OM_ View Post
    ...Agreed. Either that, or come up with a way to have Fury, Gabe and Dum-Dum still alive and vital almost 3/4 of a century after they kicked Hitler's(*) swastika up his ass. And that includes having Sharon, Jasper, Gaff, Clay and especially the Contessa as part of the cast, all operating out of the Helicarrier(**).

(*) Sorry, but neither Godwin nor his Corollary does not apply here. Nyah.

(**) If it were up to me, the Helicarrier would be established as a refitting and refurbishment of the USS Enterprise, CVN-65. A far better fate than the scrapping she's getting, godsdammit!
    In that Avengers deleted scene with Cap looking through the dossiers of his war buddies, I think we're meant to assume Dum Dum and Gabe are still alive since we don't see their files.

Unless Coulson's continued presence is a massive spoiler and/or confirmation that the fan speculation is correct about his death being faked ... I'm wondering if the series is meant to occur before the events of the Avengers movie. Heck, it'd be kinda cool if the series took place before Iron Man 1 and showed what SHIELD was dealing with before superheroes became a thing. Or even better, what SHIELD deals with in the series sets the stage for what happens in the Marvel movies. In one episode there could be a subplot about who draws the short straw and has to keep an eye on that pain-in-the-butt billionaire Stark (who's mentioned but either not seen or seen as stock footage through monitors) as he goes to Aghanistan to sell the Jericho missile system. Some crisis pops up, diverting that agent's attention, and the rest of the episode deals with that threat, ending with the agent finding out that Stark's military convoy was ambushed and Stark is now MIA. "Hill's gonna kick my ass."

Cut to Maria Hill receiving the news (assuming Cobie Smulders actually has a part in this series): "Stark's gone? Oh, thank God! *pause* I mean, that's unfortunate, Agent. Stark is a major player in the arms business, and his loss could tip the scales in a direction we won't like. Keep me informed. Dismissed."

The agent leaves Hill's office, noticing how Hill suddenly looks like a weight's been lifted from her shoulders. Later in the season, after the three-month captivity period has passed, Hill gets word that Tony Stark has been found, and he's being treated at a military hospital in Aghanistan. She has to sit down, because her familiar headache has once again set in.

That sort of thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast