Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guardians Of The Galaxy Rumours: John Krasinski For Star Lord, Isaiah Mustafa, Brian Patrick Wade And Dave Bautista For Drax

Administrator

Default Guardians Of The Galaxy Rumours: John Krasinski For Star Lord, Isaiah Mustafa, Brian Patrick Wade And Dave Bautista For Drax

Gourmands might want to place an emergency order before reading on. This one definitely requires seasoning.

In short, there's a small clump of casting rumours at Comic Book Movie, all pertaining to Guardians of the Galaxy.

The begin by reporting that Marvel are "still high" on the prospect of casting John Krasinski as Peter Quill, Star Lord. Krasinski has been named in association with the role before, this new claim essentially just brings him back into the spotlight after other claims, with the credibility of trade paper backing, put the focus on Zachary Levi, Jim Sturgess and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Indeed, this new Krasinski story sits against the background of Variety's Jeff Sneider saying Gordon-Levitt has actually been offered the role, so "still high" doesn't seem perfectly on the nose, at least.

And then the rumours turn around and start concerning another key character, Drax the Destroyer. This is the first time anybody has started rumourmongering on the Drax front.

The three candidates named areIsaiah Mustafa, the Old Spice guy; Brian Patrick Wade; and sometime WWE performer, Dave Bautista. Though there's no specifics on how, it's also said that the character's backstory is going to be altered for the movie version.

Likelihood that somebody somewhere is having somebody on? Pretty high.Still, I'll keep that link to the schmancy salts just in case I do need to eat my hat.

Right... who's up for starting some Gamora rumours? Surely somebody's going to get in on that now?

I think I'd be OK with almost anyone for Quill/Star Lord.
    Frankly it's a plyable character to me. It can be used as such a good device in these coming stories.
    I am just so curious as to the direction that they're going with this film.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Bautista is probably the best of those three for Drax, but Vin Diesel would have been better imo

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    Though there's no specifics on how, it's also said that the character's backstory is going to be altered for the movie version.
    That's a good thing. I hope they don't even bother with any backstory for Drax - keep a sense of mystery that will only add to that character's appeal.

Wrote the Book on Cool ThatNickGuy's Avatar

Yeah, I'd be down for Bautista being Drax. He doesn't have to worry about acting too much, just look menacing and say a couple of short, badass lines.

In the meantime, keep Isiah Mustafa for Luke Cage, dammit!

They definitely got a "type" down for the Star-lord actor choices. Bautista is a good choice for Drax, but I really hope Isaiah Mustafa gets a role in one of these Marvel movies but he just doesn't have the frame to pull off Luke Cage.

Consultant of Cool

Krasinski for Star Lord, Rainn Wilson for Drax. Done!

I still think that Marvel is making mistake going with this version of the GOTG. The original futuristic version of the GOTG is more "movie friendly" and requires less revision/tinkering with in order to make it work for the big screen. Heck, Marvel would be better off doing a STAR-LORD movie (which is something that Avi Arad wanted to do when he was the head of Marvel Studios). The basic concept of Star-Lord is also very simple and very movie friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    I still think that Marvel is making mistake going with this version of the GOTG. The original futuristic version of the GOTG is more "movie friendly" and requires less revision/tinkering with in order to make it work for the big screen. Heck, Marvel would be better off doing a STAR-LORD movie (which is something that Avi Arad wanted to do when he was the head of Marvel Studios). The basic concept of Star-Lord is also very simple and very movie friendly.
    But if you just do Star-Lord, you miss out on the HUGE marketing upside of Rocket Raccoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Krotzer View Post
    But if you just do Star-Lord, you miss out on the HUGE marketing upside of Rocket Raccoon.
    Well they could always include Rocket in the SL movie. Rocket could be his sidekick/partner.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast