Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joseph Gordon-Levitt Latest Name On Guardians Of The Galaxy Roster

Administrator

Default Joseph Gordon-Levitt Latest Name On Guardians Of The Galaxy Roster

Before Christmas we were hearing talk that the final two contenders for the role of Peter Quill,Guardians of the Galaxy's Star Lord, were Zachary Levi and Jim Sturgess. There was one footnote, though - that Marvel might decide to test another actor after the holidays.

It seems that might became will,maybe even did, as Deadline are now reporting that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is also in the running.

Well, great. Because he is. Really, really great.

Sturgess is good too, though, and I'm still backing him. Gordon-Levitt will come around at every big role for a guy his age, Sturgess gets just a few less calls. Give him this one, I say.

Zen Master of Cool

I still think Levi can pull of the humor better than any of them, assuming we get a Starlord as was written by DnA.

Although he might be a bit too over the top and not quite sarcastic enough.

I'm actually surprised that Gordon-Levitt would even want that role.

I like Gordon-Levitt just fine (never would have predicted his talent/career would have gone the way they did when 3rd Rock was on the air; I still remember heckling the screen when he popped up as a doomed skateboarder in one scene of Halloween: H20). However, of those three actors, I see Sturgess more as Peter Quill.

Interesting choice. It's doubtful they'll follow up with him as a non-Bruce Wayne Batman, so he might as well jump ship. Considering GotG is not a A-List Marvel team (no matter who's writing it), the movie could use hefty star power.

I'm not seeing it, personally. Levitt is a fantastically watchable actor, but he just doesn't fit with my idea of Pete. That said, he's a good enough actor that I wouldn't object too strenuously if he does land the role, and he's definitely the kind of bankable name right now that he'd get the movie some attention.

If they hire JGL, then the "Thanos kills the GotG" theory has some holes in it.

I'd love to see Zach Levi in the role, as I've been a fan of his from the first episode of "Chuck" onward... but he's already in Thor 2, so if Marvel's trying to be cohesive, that might exclude him from the start.

Zen Master of Cool

I'm not familiar enough with the GotG to say who is better suited for the role, but I like all the candidates well enough.

Wrote the Book on Cool Mars Hottentot's Avatar

Well, III heard BRAD PITT's name has been bandied about as the voice of Rocket Raccoon! Tee-Hee!

Random thought, will the Avengers solve their problems with Thanos like the JL did with Darkseid and stab him in the eye?
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast