Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guardians Of The Galaxy Casting Wrinkle - Front Runner For Star Lord Role Is Already Part Of Marvel Movieverse

Administrator

Default Guardians Of The Galaxy Casting Wrinkle - Front Runner For Star Lord Role Is Already Part Of Marvel Movieverse

Though Variety say that Marvel are likely to test one more actor for the role after Christmas, the number of contenders for the part of Peter Quill, Guardians of the Galaxy's Star Lord, appears to have been winnowed somewhat.

Alongside Jim Sturgess, who I think is tremendous and I'd happily support in just about any role, there's another, somehat unexpected front runner.

Because the Guardians' overseers seem to like Zachary Levi for the role even though he's already a big part of the Marvel movieverse.

When Thor 2 comes along late next year, the expanded role of Fandral has gone not to Joshua Dallas, who played the part in the first film, but to Levi, who Marvel apparently wanted ahead of Dallas in the first place.

In short: Marvel really like Zachary Levi. A lot.

Surely the role in Thor 2 can't be helping Levi's chances with Guardians? It seems common sense that Marvel shouldn't start cross-casting in these films, not in view of their ongoing and extensive tie-in plans.

Or maybe they trust in his acting ability and the obscuring properties of the Fandral makeup to help them get away with it.

And sometimes, you know, the obviously screwy thing to do is the most tempting...

Considering how different Chris Evans manages to be from his previous role in Fantastic Four, I don't see how it would bother the regular moviegoer if they manage to make the Fandral and Starlord significantly different. Even though Evans' Cap is not much how I envisioned the character (too emo for a war hero), it's almost weird how he's managed to distance himself from Johnny Storm.

Anyway, it won't bother more than changing Rhodes from IM 1 and 2. That was...awkward.

What are the chances of Fandral meeting Star-Lord anyway? I would suggest that there are no chances that that would ever happen.

And I agree with zehgnomo, the recastings are even more jarring than this would be.

Wrote the Book on Cool

I think Zachary Levi would be a good choice.

Wrote the Book on Cool Bishop37's Avatar

Zac would be great. He's already got form with Disney with his part in Entangled.
    "There are those who believe life here began out there, far across the universe..."

Consultant of Cool

I'd love to see Zac Levi in the role. Fandral is a relatively minor character, and it's not like the two would ever appear in the same movie.

I kind of want Sturgess to get the role, but that said I find it harder to imagine Levi as Fandral than anything else. Of course, I am typecasting him in my mind as Chuck.

Dean of Cool University Drew Melbourne's Avatar

Was confused by this story until I remembered that Zachary Levi and Lee Pace are different people.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Kind of hope it is Levi just so when Star-Lord and Thor meet Thor keeps calling him Fandral

Wrote the Book on Cool Somebody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zehgnomo View Post
    Anyway, it won't bother more than changing Rhodes from IM 1 and 2. That was...awkward.
    To be fair, awkward as it was, Cheadle both looked (apart from being a bit short) and sounded a *lot* more like Rhodey for me than Howard.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast