Thread: The Amazing Spider-Man Sequel Setting A Course For Blighty

Administrator

Default The Amazing Spider-Man Sequel Setting A Course For Blighty

The production title for next Spider-Man film is going to be London Calling. Already that's interesting.

So, on learning this a couple of weeks back, I started doing some research, on two fronts.

First of all, I wanted to know why. Secondly, I wanted to know if the production would be coming over here to England, if only for a while.

As you might expect, I haven't been able to garner any inside knowledge on what the tightly locked-down script contains - but I have had an appropriate storyline from the comics explained. Warning - if you haven't seen the first film, the next two sentences will spoil an element of it.

My informant (ie. Rich) told me that Gwen Stacy came over to the UK to study when mourning the death of her father.

That seems to follow on from the last movie rather nicely - and will certainly give Mary Jane Watson a chance to steal the spotlight.

Sounds good. I'll take that as my "Why" for now.

But how about the second line of enquiry? Well, that's where my digging has been rather more fruitful.

I managed to confirm that London Calling has indeed been planning for some production over here in the UK. How much? No idea. Yet. But it's not studio stuff - or at least not just studio stuff. They're planning to film out and about in the streets.

As location scouting and booking happens we'll likely be able to give you a better idea of what's being planned, but for now, there's just the interesting prospect of seeing the friendly webhead getting a whole new neighbourhood to swing around.

Here are some panels of Spider-Man at play in my capital city. A taste of things to come?

Might just be an in joke reference to Peter being a fan of the Clash in this version, as per the Joe Strummer poster on his wall.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcEwan View Post
    Might just be an in joke reference to Peter being a fan of the Clash in this version, as per the Joe Strummer poster on his wall.
    Seeing as they're lining up locations here in the UK there's more to it than that.

Consultant of Cool

She's gonna get knocked up by Norman Osbourne for the sequel!

Ah, the classic Spidey Vs Assassin-8 story from the UK Spider-Man mag. Shame no one's ever reprinted it.

Wrote the Book on Cool Revolutionary Cyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revfds View Post
    She's gonna get knocked up by Norman Osbourne for the sequel!
    Oh, JMS, how I love thee!
    To be or not to be. That's not really a question.
    Jean-Luc Godard

Manchester has been shot for New York a couple of times in recent memory (Captain America, the Alfie remake), and bits of London have been bits of Gotham if memory serves.

That said, would be odd to film Spidey in London, unless it WAS London.