Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rocket Raccoon And Groot To Take A Backseat For Guardians Of The Galaxy Movie?

Wrote the Book on Cool Bishop37's Avatar

We've had solo movies about collie dogs, horses, extra-terrestrials, whales, dolphins and talking teddy bears, I really don't think seeing a talking raccoon and tree is that much of a stretch in superhero team movie.
    "There are those who believe life here began out there, far across the universe..."

Consultant of Cool

Rocket Raccoon is awesome, hearing he might take a backseat immediately makes me lose a great deal of interest.

Wrote the Book on Cool The Mirrorball Man's Avatar

How is a talking raccoon a bad idea for a Disney movie? I don't get it.
    My deviantART gallery.

Consultant of Cool

If you sideline the characters people will ask: well why are they there in the first place?

They should push them as much as possible to make them relateable and convincing as characters like they do in any animated film. They're all fantasy films anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    I think the question shouldn't be "Do we sideline Rocket Raccoon and Groot?" but "What's the best take on Rocket Raccoon and Groot we can use and not have to sideline?"
    This. Times 'a lot'.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacmatt View Post
    I think Rocket Raccoon is going to be huge. They've been subtly pushing him for a while now. See his inclusion in Marvel v. Capcom for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by erikhol View Post
    You have a talking, surly raccoon - and not in a comedic way - set against and action packed story and cast: that is a recipe for AWESOMENESS! They should make Rocket Raccoon the star! (Seriously, how many movies would ever have the opportunity to do this; have a fuzzy cute cartoon character in an action piece; but treat him seriously, and people will accept him.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    The further back they put Rocket Raccoon and Groot, the further my interest drops. I like those two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Interesting, because I would've thought that "Rocket Raccoon" would be THE character for the merchandise they will be churning out for the movie. Which kid wouldn't want a plush toy of a Raccoon with guns?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop37 View Post
    We've had solo movies about collie dogs, horses, extra-terrestrials, whales, dolphins and talking teddy bears, I really don't think seeing a talking raccoon and tree is that much of a stretch in superhero team movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jipp View Post
    Rocket Raccoon is awesome, hearing he might take a backseat immediately makes me lose a great deal of interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE SOAP View Post
    They should push them as much as possible to make them relateable and convincing as characters like they do in any animated film. They're all fantasy films anyway.
    Swear to God, the raccoon rocks! He'll be the next Wolverine/Deadpool.

As for appearing in movies, one word: Yoda.

Cheers
    "You might think that... I couldn't possibly comment..."

Yeah, a talking tree (or trees) could never work well in a fantasy/sci-fi setti...... ohhhhhhh wait a minutes... one of those *did* win oscars ...

Review | Random | Smile | Pic

M_M_M IS CURRENTLY OUT OF THE FUCKING OFFICE

KINDLY LEAVE A MESSAGE AFTER THE BEEP

THE BEEP IS CENSORING THE SWEAR M_M_M IS CALLING YOU FOR TRYING TO DISTURB HIS HOLIBOB

Quote Originally Posted by PeterWhitney View Post
    One thing of note. The examples given already have huge fanbases. Much larger than those for Guardians of the Galaxy
    Maybe with Boba Fett, but not Chewbacca in the original Star Wars. And Star Wars didn't have multiple franchise films serving it up.

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by StarCruncher View Post
    Maybe with Boba Fett, but not Chewbacca in the original Star Wars. And Star Wars didn't have multiple franchise films serving it up.
    Yeah but LOTR did. And the walking and talking trees were not the stars of that film. And Planet of the Apes has a bigger cult following than Guardians

VP in Charge of Cool Devil Dinosaur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    also, Rocket Racoon and Groot are not humanoid characters, so ? yeah ? it?ll probably be easy not to focus on them.
    Prejudice and bigotry!
    Last edited by Devil Dinosaur; 10-15-2012 at 12:58 AM.

VP in Charge of Cool Devil Dinosaur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokescreen View Post
    not one character in GOTG could carry a movie on there own without appearing derivative or flat out failing.
    First, thanks for the poor grammar and lack of capitalization. We really don't get enough of that on the internet. Second, there are no bad characters; just bad writers. Like, you know. You.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast