Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vin Diesel Dropping Vision Hints - Will We See Him Join The Marvel Movieverse?

Administrator

Default Vin Diesel Dropping Vision Hints - Will We See Him Join The Marvel Movieverse?

I have, in the past, been cynical about the veracity of some things posted to Facebook by Vin Diesel. For months, if not years, he teased us, then downright told us about, plans for a third Riddick film. I never expected it to happen, but it did - the film has wrapped and it won't be long now before we see some footage.

I'm not sure, then, quite how to take his latest updates.

Diesel has added an image of Marvel comics character The Vision as his new Facebook profile picture. This image, in fact.

I don't know who spotted it first but a few blogs have now commented on the pic. The first link out of the hat is... Unleash the Fanboy.

The Vision, as my comics-challenged mind understands it, is some kind of artificial human, created by an evil robot. He has a mind attained from scanning somebody's brain, and he has the power to control just how solid his matter is. Not in the sense that he melts, but more that he can turn wispy and intangible. I think he could go a bit ghost like, stand inside you and then turn solid again, messing you up bad.

Diesel's update might be nothing more than a bit of fanboy baiting, or it might somehow be him hinting that he's in the frame for the part.

Or, and this is what I consider the most likely, it could be an effort to generate for himself, and to perhaps get himself at least considered for the role, should it ever even open up.

Since the picture, Disel has updated with a comment that might suggest he was playing some kind of prank, though it's really almost as vague as him posting the image in the first place:
    Note to self... Haha... P.s. Thanks for the positive energy...
    Prank Haha or self congratulatory Haha? Elated Haha or cynical Haha? Perhaps I'd have a better grasp on how to read this if I wasn't imagining those words in the voice of The Iron Giant.

One might guess that the as-yet untitled Avengers sequel would be the best fit for the character, though he could be set to turn up anywhere, especially in those infamous end-credits button scenes.

If Marvel really are looking to fill the role of The Vision right now, it would likely be in Iron Man 3 that they'd want to introduce him, what with the man-machine themes of that film's Extremis-derived storyline.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Vin Diesel posted a picture to Facebook. He's been pretty honest with this stuff in the past, and seems to be quite a sensible chap, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a chain-yanking side to him somewhere.

Wrote the Book on Cool Union Jim's Avatar

I would never have thought of him for the Vision before, but now I'm finding it hard to imagine anyone else.

Wrote the Book on Cool JSayonara's Avatar

To be fair, I can see far worse choices for the part than Diesel.
    Question is, can you have Vision without the Scarlet Witch..and then Quicksilver?

I know you could of course...but fanboys are fanboys

VP in Charge of Cool bewareofgeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Union Jim View Post
    I would never have thought of him for the Vision before, but now I'm finding it hard to imagine anyone else.
    Clark Gregg?

Bleeding Cool

Vin Diesel can act. He was great in The Boiler Room. I've no real interest in the first Avengers movie, but if Diesel was in the sequel, I might consider watching it, on pay per view.

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Coke View Post
    Vin Diesel can act. He was great in The Boiler Room. I've no real interest in the first Avengers movie, but if Diesel was in the sequel, I might consider watching it, on pay per view.
    You think Vin Diesel is a better actor than any other member of the Avengers cast? That's... interesting.

Wrote the Book on Cool Union Jim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bewareofgeek View Post
    Clark Gregg?
    He'd be better as a LMD.... or maybe he already did that? ;-)

Maybe the "haha" was a reminder to maintain the barrier ditch around his garden.

Also, I never got Vision. He's a robot, but he's a person. He has no powers usually associated with robots, instead he has the powers of a ghost, which is kind of the opposite of a robot. Plus, he's bright red and green. And he has a cape. No part of that screams "interesting comic character" to me, or even "functional comic character", let alone "Hollywood blockbuster". And that's without going into the way he married a witch and fathered children with her.

VP in Charge of Cool

I could perhaps see Vin Diesel as Wonder Man, but not as the Vision. Yes, I know that the Vision is in part based on Wonder Man's brain patterns, but they don't usually look alike (or even behave alike). The only reason the Vision was based on Wonder Man's brain pattern was the "noble death" that turned Wonder Man from a reluctant villain to a hero. Which means that in order to properly introduce the Vision you'd need to first have Wonder Man show up and do the "noble sacrifice" bit that Agent Coulson already did in Avengers.

There are quite a few other Marvel Characters he might be right for, though.

Well he DOES have experience with sentient robots.

気持ち悪い

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast