Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Full Amazing Spider-Man Car Jacker Clip, As Sold At Walmart

Administrator

Default Full Amazing Spider-Man Car Jacker Clip, As Sold At Walmart

Our most complete and coherent sample of The Amazing Spider-Man yet.

I knew this was going to end up online, and so did you. Want a DVD copy (of at least the 2:39), packaged with a reprint of Amazing Spider-Man 6? Get thee to Walmart.

Exceedingly Cool

I didn't know Spider-man could dodge bullets?!!!

I know Superman can but didn't know Spider-man has such speed. Is that faithful to the source material? I've read a few Spider-man strips but not seen him dodge bullets.

Consultant of Cool

I really wasn't overly connected to the movie, although the casting and chemistry between the leads (Garfield and Stone) is becoming a real draw. I saw the 10 minute preview on imax, and the FX looked very unpolished, not even to the level of what you would expect in a high end videogame cutscene. The plethora of "oh, hey, it's a 3D MOMENT" scenes didn't help either, and I'm still not convinced by the Mirrors edge POV sequences.. Still, there was a little itch where I thought it could really be the characters and not the action I possibly go to the theater for, and seeing Andrew Garfield just banter on here relentlessly is a big plus point in that direction. Some of the physical movement work is superb, let down in a couple of places by some less polished wire work (the transition from the pick up to the truck), but Peter never stops jabbering, and that's kind of wonderful. Previously I was just waiting this out, hoping that eventually Marvel studios would pull this franchise back into the fold, but to it's credit, my interest is actually peaked, and it feels like something I'd like to give a shot one afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by dreddgeek View Post
    I didn't know Spider-man could dodge bullets?!!!

I know Superman can but didn't know Spider-man has such speed. Is that faithful to the source material? I've read a few Spider-man strips but not seen him dodge bullets.
    whether or not you're joking or this is a rhetorical question i'm too drunk to care. He can dodge bullets just move faster than the person wilding the gun can pull the trigger, his spider-sense gives him more of an idea of where the bullet is coming from and so his body involuntarily moves out of the forseen path of the bullet... or something
    Last edited by Blackfist; 06-17-2012 at 05:06 PM.
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

VP in Charge of Cool bewareofgeek's Avatar

Two things:

1. Is it me or the knife bit different from the trailer?

2. Something about the banter just doesn't feel right. I can't quite put my finger on it. A little arrogant, maybe?

Spider-man is kind of a dick in this movie, huh? The guy just wanted to get out of there and Spidey is too busy shooting the dude's crotch.

How did he get into the car, when the theft had to use a hacking doohickey to open the door?

Quote Originally Posted by Monetta View Post
    Spider-man is kind of a dick in this movie, huh? The guy just wanted to get out of there and Spidey is too busy shooting the dude's crotch.
    apparently you can't have genuinely nice people as heroes any more, it seems they're kind of going with the Chronicles route of characterisation (kid gets power he's obviously goes evil or becomes a dick) which was played out before then. Maybe it leads to uncle Ben's death (i don't even know if he died at that point clip).

How did he get into the car, when the theft had to use a hacking doohickey to open the door?
    Plothole number 1
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

VP in Charge of Cool bewareofgeek's Avatar

Well... if this is a (different) origin film, the idea of him being a bit of a prick after getting his powers has some merit. After all, he needs to learn the whole "With great power…" bit.

The annoying bit, if this is the case, is this scene is also where ALL of the banter we've seen so far is located. Which suggests he make be more serious and driven after said lesson.

Because we've never seen serious & driven heroes before?
    Last edited by bewareofgeek; 06-17-2012 at 05:45 PM. Reason: tweak

Exceedingly Cool uncaringmachine's Avatar

So far Spiderman seems very annoying and has the voice of a cartoon cat or dog. Don't care for what I've seen so far, but the movie could yet change my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    Maybe it leads to uncle Ben's death (i don't even know if he died at that point clip).
    I did think that the cop's gun falling under the car was a bit of foreshadowing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast