Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Look At Upcoming Avengers Storylines, Courtesy of Amazon

Administrator

Default A Look At Upcoming Avengers Storylines, Courtesy of Amazon

What can we learn about Marvel's upcoming plans from their current Amazon listings?

A few things it seems.

We met Adam in the most recent issue of Avengers. The second arc of the book drawn by Dustin Weaver will be entitled "The Last White Event", a reference to the recursive time loop that caused superpowers in the New Universe.
    The Avengers must scramble to deal with the threat of another Universal SYSTEM. The New Adam is transformed, and his true self revealed. And the most dangerous hero on Earth is created. The Avengers face off against the World Breaker. Discover the imminent threat to the Avengers World. Watch as we get our first hints as the hidden connections between the events of Avengers and New Avengers.
    While the listing for New Avengers indicates that Captain America may be leaving the Illuminati, with Charles Xavier now replaced by a certain furry X-Man. Did The Beast find Xavier's Infinity Gem?
    To prevent the collision of our universe with another, the Illuminati must reassemble...NOW! It's the most powerful and brilliant team in the Marvel Universe: the Black Panther, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Black Bolt, Mister Fantastic, Namor the Sub-Mariner and the Beast against an infinite legion of parallel realities. Armed with the six Infinity Gems, the Illuminati gather to plan for the death of everything...but their task is complicated by old wounds, lies and secret agendas. But when the Illuminati experience their first dimensional incursion, can this loose brotherhood of end times trust each other enough to use the Infinity Gems in unison? And what new member will join the group? Jonathan Hickman and Steve Epting revamp the New Avengers in a multiverse-spanning saga!
    Also worthy of note,?* a collection of Roger Stern, Gerry Conroy, Bill Mantlo, Mike Mignola, Kevin Nowlan and Gene Colan work - Dr. Strange & Dr. Doom: Triumph & Torment.

If you want to read anything into shoving seven issue TPB for $14.99 for?*Dark Avengers: Masters of Evil while eight issues of?*Avengers Assemble go into a $29.99 trade, it might be that the latter is coming to an end with #130 in May...

And Geoff Johns gets his name in a Marvel title with this Avengers collectionj

Though be warned, Amazon does get things wrong. As this content description for the first FF Marvel NOW trade will attest.

Wrote the Book on Cool Bishop37's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Gerry Conroy
    That'd be Gerry 'Killer' Conway, Rich.
    "There are those who believe life here began out there, far across the universe..."

Wrote the Book on Cool

Is it wrong that when I seen Weaver's name I let out a small sigh after thinking "Be great if the next Shield issue came out."?
    Hickman obviously has plotted a lot of this out much like his FF run and even his Secret Warriors series so I have faith these stories will be far reaching and hopefully won't be ruined by stupid ass cross overs or events, then again I... wait no.. don't think that....

Bleeding Cool

This stuff sounds exactly like Hickman's FF run, just with prettier art.

Some people loved his FF, but I thought it was big ideas for the sake of big ideas, with no heart to it. They were cleverly plotted, but it got repetitive after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post

If you want to read anything into shoving seven issue TPB for $14.99 for?*Dark Avengers: Masters of Evil while eight issues of?*Avengers Assemble go into a $29.99 trade, it might be that the latter is coming to an end with #130 in May...
    I don't Understand this. What is ending with #130?

It's the first series mentioned that ends with #130, Dark Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlaBlaBla View Post
    It's the first series mentioned that ends with #130, Dark Avengers.
    It can't be that because DA is already at #185. And there wasn't an announcement for that or Assemble. Maybe he meant AA #13? but that would be out well before May and the sales are pretty good, although maybe not for an Avengers book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesektet View Post
    It can't be that because DA is already at #185. And there wasn't an announcement for that or Assemble. Maybe he meant AA #13? but that would be out well before May and the sales are pretty good, although maybe not for an Avengers book.
    He most likely meant "Dark Avengers" #190.

気持ち悪い

Wrote the Book on Cool

Speaking of FF, I came across this last night. 7 issues for $8.94. Includes FF 1-3 and Fantastic Four 1-3 and Antman oneshot.

Fantastic Four, Vol. 1: New Departure, New Arrivals: Matt Fraction, Mark Bagley, Mike Allred: 9780785166597: Amazon.com: Books

Also the Avengers Assemble price is idiotic considering the hardback is $10 less - Avengers Assemble: Brian Michael Bendis, Mark Bagley: 9780785163275: Amazon.com: Books

Consultant of Cool

Aw SWEET, I am buying the SHIT out of that Strange/Doom collection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast