Thread: Translating The Preview Of Avengers #3

Administrator

Default Translating The Preview Of Avengers #3

From the preview of Avengers #3, we have New Adam. He could be a Starbrand, he could be a Nightmask, odds are he's something to do with the New Universe. But could he be a Phoenix?

I ask, because if that language is a straight English language replacement cipher, then he is probably saying "It's coming". Repeating it even. Just like in the teasers to Avengers Vs X-Men.

We'll find out tomorrow!

Ug, damn you Event readers, you've turned Marvel into an Event machine that can no longer tell self, contained stories, but have instead turned it into a machine that perpetually lumbers from one Event to another.

Sigh.

Read this issue today and totally missed the references. There's a whole lot more coded dialogue from him on a page with an AR merker, but for some reason I can't get the AR app to install on my phone (which is odd, because I've had it on there before and deleted it), so I dunno if maybe that will translate it. Either way, looking at the pages in more detail...*highlight for spoiler* It's probably Nightmask. He has some crescent symbols coming out of his head in a couple of panels.

Edited to add: I'm translating the dialogue on the next page as we speak.*highlight for spoilers* The first bit of coded dialogue says "The White Event" I'll add more as I go

More: Panel 3, lots of dialogue. "The builders have abandoned the machine. The machine is broken. The universe is broken. It's coming. A White Event

Last bit. Later in the issue in response to Captain Universe, who appears to be a seriously big deal now: "Hello Mother"

That's all of the coded dialogue. That was fun
    Last edited by thekeith82; 01-22-2013 at 05:25 PM.

VP in Charge of Cool bewareofgeek's Avatar

New Adam... Warlock?

Mario Di Giacomo

...It's in the trees! Its coming!

-------

Quote Originally Posted by thekeith82 View Post
    Read this issue today and totally missed the references. There's a whole lot more coded dialogue from him on a page with an AR merker, but for some reason I can't get the AR app to install on my phone (which is odd, because I've had it on there before and deleted it), so I dunno if maybe that will translate it. Either way, looking at the pages in more detail...*highlight for spoiler* It's probably Nightmask. He has some crescent symbols coming out of his head in a couple of panels.

Edited to add: I'm translating the dialogue on the next page as we speak.*highlight for spoilers* The first bit of coded dialogue says "The White Event" I'll add more as I go

More: Panel 3, lots of dialogue. "The builders have abandoned the machine. The machine is broken. The universe is broken. It's coming. A White Event

Last bit. Later in the issue in response to Captain Universe, who appears to be a seriously big deal now: "Hello Mother"

That's all of the coded dialogue. That was fun
    Racists ...

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bewareofgeek View Post
    New Adam... Warlock?
    Yeah, when you're talking Marvel Cosmic and "Adam", Warlock seems a pretty safe bet.