Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: That Superior Spider-Man #1 Letters Page

Administrator

Default That Superior Spider-Man #1 Letters Page

Shot on my iPad before this happened.... the letters page of Superior Spider-Man #1.

Spoilers obviously.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyrDQSAGMjQ[/youtube]

gnawing hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space

I'm sorry, but those fucks just make angry. Why the hell does everybody at Marvel seem to think it's okay to make nothing but fun of their readers? It is like they only have the utmost disdain for them.

Both Wacker and Slott and even the Assistant Editor (whose name I forgot, sorry, but I'm definitely not going to watch this garbage again to find it) come of like selfadulationary, pretentious and arrogant pricks.

Really, does everyone at Marvel think so little of the people whose money pays their wages? Or is it only the crew associated with Wacker?

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by die-yng View Post
    Really, does everyone at Marvel think so little of the people whose money pays their wages? Or is it only the crew associated with Wacker?
    I didn't actually bother to check the video, but I'd say Marvel's mocking the readers shtick started with Jemas and Quesada.
    SMARTASS8 likes this.

I really don't feel like watching that whole thing: can someone summarise it?

Once again: it's just a storyline. Roll with it. If you think this is permanent oh-my-god-things-will-never-be-the-same-again, I have a bridge in New York you might be interested in buying.
    johncage1000 and Blade X like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jipp View Post
    I didn't actually bother to check the video, but I'd say Marvel's mocking the readers shtick started with Jemas and Quesada.
    I would've thought they nicked it from pro-wrestling, given that there's a certain degree of shared behaviour in the mentality of complaining vociferously about something while continuing to stump up good money for it and therefore instructing the publisher to keep going in the same direction...
    Mad_Man_Moon and CagedLeo730 like this.

VP in Charge of Cool Enigma_2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Birmy View Post
    Once again: it's just a storyline. Roll with it. If you think this is permanent oh-my-god-things-will-never-be-the-same-again, I have a bridge in New York you might be interested in buying.
    Oh, stop telling people to buy stuff they don't like. They'll just wait until the "not permanent" death is over to come back to the book. Or maybe they won't. Maybe their opinion of these two has been so tainted by their opinion of the fanbase that they don't WANT to buy anything from them. If that's the case, they don't have to. Just roll with it.
    die-yng, Bangladesh, TGC and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma_2099 View Post
    Oh, stop telling people to buy stuff they don't like. They'll just wait until the "not permanent" death is over to come back to the book. Or maybe they won't. Maybe their opinion of these two has been so tainted by their opinion of the fanbase that they don't WANT to buy anything from them. If that's the case, they don't have to. Just roll with it.
    I don't think you actually understood what I was getting at.
    Mad_Man_Moon likes this.

Cool

I actually kind of like this. I know that people will remain butt hurt that 'Peter' is no longer spider-man and yeah I get that they are upset. To me though, this is something new that Peter hasn't really gone through. Plus...SPOILERS!!!!!!! If he's in a digital/astral form....all it takes is someone figuring out that somethin's up *cough* Miguel O'Hara *cough* and maybe later down the road (This is going to be here for a year or so I suspect) we'll see Peter slowly come back...for now please stop the hating, the death threats, ect. Its just a comic book, kids. Like in the past, someone will find a way to bring him back. Till then, sit tight and enjoy the ride
    Mad_Man_Moon and TGC like this.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast