Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: When Walter Simonson Tweets The Hulk

Administrator

Default When Walter Simonson Tweets The Hulk

Walter Simonson has been tweeting panels and pages in pencil and ink from his upcoming run on Indestructable Hulk with Mark Waid.... have a peek.

Hulk with mjolnir... sweet.
    I'm now doing weekly comic reviews for Fanboybuzz.com and be sure check out my blog @ thecomicsbleed.com.

Zen Master of Cool Charles Skaggs's Avatar

Simonson is truly one of the all-time greats. I never get tired of his work.

Wrote the Book on Cool GreenCatcher's Avatar

Pretty pictures.
    God this comic is gonna be on hell of a ride.
    sleeve likes this.
    "They used to call the devil the father of lies. But for someone whose sin is meant to be pride, you'd think that lying would leave something of a sour taste. So my theory is that when the devil wants to get something out of you, he doesn't lie at all. He tells you the exact, literal truth. And he lets you find your own way to hell." Mr. Easterman

On page design and story telling alone the man is a genius.
    Mike H., sleeve and smokescreen like this.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Dammit, Walt. You're going to make me break down and buy a $4 Marvel book, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H. View Post
    Dammit, Walt. You're going to make me break down and buy a $4 Marvel book, aren't you?
    nah, the overpriced hardcover!
    StarCruncher likes this.

Dean of Cool University CammyKnoxville's Avatar

Simonson still has it, and from the looks of things will retain said 'it' for several more decades.

Quote Originally Posted by CammyKnoxville View Post
    Simonson still has it, and from the looks of things will retain said 'it' for several more decades.
    He never lost 'it'! Since Thor he has done DC's Multiversity and an Elric prequel both written by Michael Moorcock. The artwork in both are excellent (though the story in the Elric prequel is a bit mediocre). He recently did an OGN for DC called Judas Coin, which I haven't read, but again flicking through it his artwork is awesome.

I really like Leinil Yu on Hulk (though I'm less than keen on the colourist), but am incredibly excited about Simonson's upcoming arc. I would love to have alternate Hulk arcs from Yu and Simonson.

Along with John Byrne and Frank Miller, Walter Simonson represents the high point of 80s Marvel comics art. I think he has aged much better than the other two, though I think Byrne still has 'it', Miller definitely doesn't.
    Eric Sean likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by uz000 View Post
    He never lost 'it'! Since Thor he has done DC's Multiversity and an Elric prequel both written by Michael Moorcock. The artwork in both are excellent (though the story in the Elric prequel is a bit mediocre). He recently did an OGN for DC called Judas Coin, which I haven't read, but again flicking through it his artwork is awesome.

I really like Leinil Yu on Hulk (though I'm less than keen on the colourist), but am incredibly excited about Simonson's upcoming arc. I would love to have alternate Hulk arcs from Yu and Simonson.

Along with John Byrne and Frank Miller, Walter Simonson represents the high point of 80s Marvel comics art. I think he has aged much better than the other two, though I think Byrne still has 'it', Miller definitely doesn't.
    You mustn't have read Holy Terror. It featured the best comic book art in the last 2 or 3 years, probably the last decade. And Miller showed that he is still evolving as a penciller/inker

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast