Thread: Here Is Your Two Page Promo For Kieron Gillen And Jamie McKelvie's Young Avengers

Administrator

Default Here Is Your Two Page Promo For Kieron Gillen And Jamie McKelvie's Young Avengers

Kieron Gillen gives an interview about Young Avengers to Buzzfeed. Where he talks about comics as pop music, and eighteen year olds as superheroes and, Be My Baby a lot and seriously, is there a Kieron Gillen Generator somewhere? It wouldn't be hard to do. It's possibly he'll be in the pub tomorrow night, if so I'll tap him for what we'd need to make one.

But no matter how accurate it was, we probably wouldn't get these two pages which just look great. And sound great too. Funny how that happens.

It also helps if you stitch them together properly. Clicky for biggy.

Banned

I want to read this so bad...

Consultant of Cool

Look, its great n all but its the same image thats been put out there for months. Its losing its buzz

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by zetomenon View Post
    Look, its great n all but its the same image thats been put out there for months. Its losing its buzz
    Horses for courses, but for me it's not. I look at that every time and can't but smile.

And with the lettered preview from a couple of weeks ago, I can definitely see why it's being called a Marvel Phonogram.

Cannot wait for this. Think it's the first book in a while I've been genuinely excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Man_Moon View Post
    WAHOO!

I wish I was still buying comics.
    Why aren't you buying comics?
    Writer/Editor/Talent Acquisitions/Production- Grayhaven Comics www.grayhavencomics.com
    Promotions - Shadowline Comics
    Twitter: @marclombardi
    I'm opinionated. Be forewarned.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Lombardi View Post
    Why aren't you buying comics?
    The cost.

I stripped out the $3.99ers initially in the states, then when I moved back to England, I realised that it just isn't feasible to enjoy the medium and not have that money for other things.

This could change in a year, and I have contacts to make life easier for myself (my old LCS, and other options), but I'm OK with it at the moment, as storing those boxes got a little ridiculous. Plus there's not so much space in London

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Man_Moon View Post
    The cost.

I stripped out the $3.99ers initially in the states, then when I moved back to England, I realised that it just isn't feasible to enjoy the medium and not have that money for other things.

This could change in a year, and I have contacts to make life easier for myself (my old LCS, and other options), but I'm OK with it at the moment, as storing those boxes got a little ridiculous. Plus there's not so much space in London
    That's why I'm emigrating to Canada (for the space), anyway if your patient till next years January you can buy back issues on sale at 50% off

Plus, there's nothing wrong with Trade-waiting
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

The close up one the faces look good, some of Marvel Boy's further away shots look weird.

It looks fun and exciting.
    How dare they produce something I can't complain about!!