Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: ComiXology Selling Peter David's X-Factor For 99 Cents An Issue On Monday

Administrator

Default ComiXology Selling Peter David's X-Factor For 99 Cents An Issue On Monday

Just hitting in-App purchases in the UK, and rolling out to the USA in the morning, it appears that Monday will see Peter David's recent run on X-Factor, from issue 1 to 50, then the jumped-forward issue 200 to 212 at 99 cents each on ComiXology.

It really is a most entertaining superhero comic, and for those who have enjoyed, say, Dan Slott's Amazing Spider-Man but also harken back to his work on She Hulk, then this may well scratch that itch in a most entertaining fashion.

Though do make sure you've checked up on some of Peter's other work first...

Consultant of Cool

And thats still paying too much given the recent quality of it.

Given PAD's recent health scare, those that want to support him by buying issues with this sale need to buy directly from the comixology website, that way apple/amazon don't take a 30% cut and hopefully send more PADs way

HED
    Consultant of Cool

I love PAD's work on the title, but the book has been cursed with some truly terrible art over the years.
    Peter J Poole likes this.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnytech View Post
    Given PAD's recent health scare, those that want to support him by buying issues with this sale need to buy directly from the comixology website, that way apple/amazon don't take a 30% cut and hopefully send more PADs way
    Did I miss something that said any proceeds from tomorrow's sale are going to help him? His wife or website tech person hopes to have a Paypal link up tomorrow to donate money to him. That's a much better option.

Wrote the Book on Cool modok baby's Avatar

This is a really great run, especially that first 50 issue stretch. Well, it gets a little weird during the Secret Invasion tie-in / She Hulk crossover, as Larry Stroman makes a jarring, less than stellar return to the title, but the following arc with Madrox in the future is awesome! I can see how it might have read differently as it was coming out monthly, but reading the run all together, that future storyline is a fittingly epic and fun climax to those 50 issues. Great characterization, humor and a sense of gravitas throughout. PAD makes you care about all the leftover, forgotten X-characters that no one bothered to give a personality before. Shatterstar! Strong Guy! Depowered Rictor! Layla Miller is the best. A great use of 50 dollars.

Tom

Stroman only draws about five issues. Some of it's got some really nice artwork, by Ryan Sook, Ariel Olivetti, Pablo Raimondi, Valentine DeLandro and Emanuella Luppaccino. (Plus, more recently, Leonard Kirk.) In fact that covers most of the run.

Oh yeah, and I can't understand the logic of moving Luppaccino, the best artist the book's seen in years, off the title to draw the Castle GN, and then apparently forgetting to reassign her to anything after that gig finished.
    Last edited by Tom; 01-14-2013 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Oh yeah, and I can't understand the logic of moving Luppaccino, the best artist the book's seen in years, off the title to draw the Castle GN, and then apparently forgetting to reassign her to anything after that gig finished.
    She's doing nice work on Archer & Armstrong, so maybe she wasn't available?

I think X-Factor is a book people primarily buy for the writing... It takes two to tango, and if you're an aspiring professional artist you maybe don't want to spend too much time on a book that seems to have found a stable low to mid-20K audience that seldom fluctuates whoever is on the artwork for the book...?

Cheers
    Last edited by Peter J Poole; 01-14-2013 at 05:12 AM.
    "You might think that... I couldn't possibly comment..."

Wrote the Book on Cool Fuzzy Dunlop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnytech View Post
    Can I just say, as a Brit, how alien and slightly horrifying all these appeals for Peter David are? It's almost seems like he lives in a Third World country or something, not one of the richest democracies on Earth.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    Did I miss something that said any proceeds from tomorrow's sale are going to help him? His wife or website tech person hopes to have a Paypal link up tomorrow to donate money to him. That's a much better option.
    He will presumably get some royalties from the sales. Depending on how that works, if more of the money is going back to the publisher through one system, more may be going back to the creators.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast